Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

Really impressive work from IO on the console versions, they maintained a 720p framebuffer with some decent AA on both systems and a smooth v-synced frame-rate.

Didn't expect to be such a polished game visual wise to be honest...definitely a pleasant surprise. :)

It's really remarkable, especially on the ps3. I don't remember a single game with so many NPC runs so well on the sony hardware (I have in mind Dead Rising 2, ugh, it's 1024x560p with tons of tearing); astonishing result.

Same as 360.

....Indeed.

A little washed out on the textures for the wii-u for some reason.

perhaps the next generation of consoles may be stalled a bit longer, as Microsoft and sony already had an answer to the Wii-U. .....a little comical joke to brake the ice.:smile2:

Or maybe Nintendo wanted their new console to ride off of ports with added wii-u funtions in the first place? I guess we can expect the multiplat trilogies to be the next of ports.

Wonder what AA BlOps II Wuu is using. It looks a lot jaggier than either other console.

EDIT: Also appears to have less prominent specular/lower res textures. And that limited RGB range is awful.

Well, the limited RGB range doesn't necessary look bad on your TV. Mine (older Sony Bravia) only accepts limited via HDMI. PS3 was the same when it was released. It "should" look bad on a PC lcd, which washes out the blacks.

Ya, it's not a matter of Limited looking bad, it's the levels not matching, or something is wrong somewhere along the chain. Most displays these days have an option for Limited or Full. A lot of older TVs only support Limited while most monitors only support Full. As long as the levels match, it should look pretty much identical, whether you use Full or Limited.

Lack of animated normal maps is the reason for no wrinkles on his brow. Guess they're trying to conserve memory, again.

That's also probably the reason for no MSAA, but FXAA could still be used, unless the bandwidth is an even more serious problem.

The Mass Effect 3 Special Edition DF face off mentioned that Black Ops 2 seems be the only Wii U game with MSAA.

Wonder what AA BlOps II Wuu is using. It looks a lot jaggier than either other console.

EDIT: Also appears to have less prominent specular/lower res textures. And that limited RGB range is awful.
The Mass Effect 3 Special Edition DF face off mentioned that Black Ops 2 seems be the only Wii U game with MSAA.
Yeah, 2xMSAA. Same as 360.

Heh, 3rd shot has an edge that made it past the post-AA. :p Looks native, but the borders look like they suffer a bit from analogue capture or something (darkens 3 pix on each side, 1 pixel on top and bottom). I think it's actually 1280x704.

Heh, you're right. It was 1274x696 with QAA. So I guess that might mean 1274x702. That's a very bizarre setup as it's not a multiple of 64 (much less 32), which is ideal for RSX.

Any better shots? Probably need 360 shots too as FC2 was a different res as well.

Heh, you're right. It was 1274x696 with QAA. So I guess that might mean 1274x702. That's a very bizarre setup as it's not a multiple of 64 (much less 32), which is ideal for RSX.

Any better shots? Probably need 360 shots too as FC2 was a different res as well.

I captured them via windows media player and cropped them in Paint, that's my best effort :( sorry AI.
But yeah sounds like they're more or less the same as FC2's res.

Back