Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

Might as well compare it to Low PC settings since that's optional as well.

As usual, their screenshots are too compressed, cropped, resized, compressed to tell much about image quality.
Here, these seem very good.

http://i47.tinypic.com/25rh9jm.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/k9h5j.jpg

Since we are talking about FB2 and MOH I got to say that engine, while doing alot under hood, does show severe limitations of consoles and comes of as "unpolished". I know alot of people like to piss on Treyarch engine, but BO2 to my eyes looks very good for 60fps game. Their artists seem to put out fairly good looking game with details where it matters and this here does not.

Since we are talking about FB2 and MOH I got to say that engine, while doing alot under hood, does show severe limitations of consoles..

From a post processing and effects point of view they don't tend to be that bad, for me the most noticeable sign of a console developed PC game is a lack of decent geometry.

Thinking about it, the thing that sticks out the most to me personally when looking at console games is how basic and lacking the geometry is.

Most games remind me of Half Life 2 in terms of geometry detail.

There's an article here that mentions 3840x2160, but after looking at the Bing & Google translations, I think he's actually talking about 1920x1080 with 4xMSAA.

The article mentions 'super resolution technology'

Version is spectacular Okami internal resolution 3840x2160 rendered in And you're generating an image of 1920x1080 from there.

Seems to me like they're using super sampling at 3840x2160 and then down sampling.

The Super Resolution thing is for the textures. That's why it's under a different section with all the texture comparisons. Simply increasing screen resolution won't change the base texel information that's available. It's not unlike emulator image processing to make those sprites look smoother.

Native 1920 x 1080 and anti-aliasing enabled rendering resolution, 16 x anisotropic methodically adjusting of sampling, etc.
...is not necessarily at odds with "internal 3840x2160" as that's also the number of samples you'd be dealing with in the hardware anyway if you had MSAA enabled.

reminds me of the Skyrim + FXAA on PS3.

edit: talking about PS3 shots. 360 version has some noticeable jaggies.

Yeah, ps3 is very clean but texture & IQ pay a lot in details. 360 version pays the best sharpness with more evident jaggies & quite bizarre some the same texture seems to pay too much in the close distance because for its rez.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back