Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

well this is what i was implying, because the 360 sub resolution it would most likely have better performance.

i think using averages misrepresent performance. it depends on the scene the length of the sample etc. if you have one section with horrible frame drops but the sample length was 5 minutes the averages will be close to 30fps regardless.

between the two the ps3 doesnt perform well at all.

Don't kill me:
Max Payne Mobile for iOS.

iPhone 4:
055xlkce.png

The new iPad:
http://www.forum-3dcenter.org/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=9247936&postcount=187

Ist it upscaled or not? Payne's UI seems to be native.

Last edited by a moderator:
for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

looks like ps3 is 1280x720, 360 sub 720.

look at the hunk closeup shot the pixel edges on the ps3 version look 1:1. 360 version looks like its being upscaled.

considering the resolution comprise wonder how the framerate compares between the two.

Heh, I love it how inaccurate LOT can be. States the resolutions that the 360 goes up to 1080p and the PS3 up to 720p. They dont even do proper pixel counting. They go by what is stated on the box or what the info on the TV says.

FXAA most likely.

Don't own a 360, and won't get the game, but you're curious how far below HD resolutions the game is?

Interesting...:devilish:

What? I have a 360 from 2006's christmas :???: however I'm pretty curious to know more because I'm always interested in every aspect of a game tech.... although multi now I prefer to play on my pc...

well this is what i was implying, because the 360 sub resolution it would most likely have better performance.

i think using averages misrepresent performance. it depends on the scene the length of the sample etc. if you have one section with horrible frame drops but the sample length was 5 minutes the averages will be close to 30fps regardless.

between the two the ps3 doesnt perform well at all.

I think the real reason because it's sub hd it's the engine's origin...isn't it the same used in Socom franchise (native on ps3 hardware)?

What? I have a 360 from 2006's christmas :???: however I'm pretty curious to know more because I'm always interested in every aspect of a game tech.... although multi now I prefer to play on my pc...

Oh my mistake, I never really see you commenting much in 360 exclusive threads, so I just assumed. Sorry about that :oops:

Not surprised you moved on to pcs though considering how long this generation has stretched out.

Forgive me but to me seem really evident the opposite & not need pixel counter here: have you notice the difference in the widescreen ratio in your pictures? the characters in the 360 version appears clearly stretched....to be honest the whole picture is more stretched...

Back