Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

Both have dynamic scaling. Looks like it's just in the horizontal dimension. In these particular shots, the engine has gone down to 1152x720 for 360 and 640x720 on PS3.

Sound really low... is it sure? isn't it something really notable or weird even during the gameplay? I think it's very hard to doesn't notice it. Is there a risk to see pixelleting artifact?

The pixelation is very obvious in the above clip. I'm sure I don't need to remind everyone that this thread is for identifying game resolutions. Discussion about why they differ across the platforms belongs in the tech discussion thread.

Both have dynamic scaling. Looks like it's just in the horizontal dimension. In these particular shots, the engine has gone down to 1152x720 for 360 and 640x720 on PS3.

You have just spawned thousand of posts from uninformed people that PS3 version runs in this resolution all the time lol.
Its my fault too, unfortunately ;\

Oh internet, when will You change?

Regards potential upscaling, can't you overlay a screen of XB360 over a matching screen of PS3 scaled up to 1280x720 and check objects are the same size? This would show if XB360 is upscaling the 704 lines to 720 (images match) or is rendering 720 lines (objects wouldn't be as tall and there'd be more detail top and bottom).

If they were perfectly matched. I'm also not certain how one might handle FOV with resolution as well. :)

so did they drop the TAA in this? Some ppl said the ghosting is gone. If I remember correctly, C2 edge detection aa was actually FXAA1, + TAA. It was the first game that use FXAA on console atleast. Wonder if they just go with the newer version of FXAA.

If they were perfectly matched. I'm also not certain how one might handle FOV with resolution as well. :)
Captures from cutscenes should provide that. FOV should be the same. Why change it from one game to another? Oh, I guess there are performance reasons to shirnk FOV a bit. But that could be detected by horizontal changes. A stretched 704p image with the same FOV would have the same horizontal content and would match up when stretched vertically. If the 720p image is a larger render area and not upscaled, it won't match on the vertical. If the 720p is a different FOV, it won't match on the vertical or horizontal.

so did they drop the TAA in this? Some ppl said the ghosting is gone. If I remember correctly, C2 edge detection aa was actually FXAA1, + TAA. It was the first game that use FXAA on console atleast. Wonder if they just go with the newer version of FXAA.

FXAA1? From what I remember C2 use simple TAA+ghost in motion & no more... by the way, on 360 at least, it seem to use the same.

Didn't notice any ghosting in the 360 version .

Pretty glad if you can post some of more concrete about what you didn't notice, just to see with my eyes; honestly from what I see, seem exactly the same custom AA seen in crysis 2 & no more imho.

Pretty glad if you can post some of more concrete about what you didn't notice, just to see with my eyes; honestly from what I see, seem exactly the same custom AA seen in crysis 2 & no more imho.

Well i don't have the equipment to take videos and i don't know if a photo will help.. sometimes it seems that there is some form of AA (or maybe it's just the blur) and other times there is aliasing , especially foliage .

I'm curious to see if they improved the resolution for Crysis on the ps3. Didn't Al already confirm it was still 1152 x 720 on the 360? I see no reason why they would change that.

Also is there a link about FXAA on Crysis 2? I always thought it was a custom edge detect AA while Brink was the first game to feature FXAA.

FXAA1? From what I remember C2 use simple TAA+ghost in motion & no more... by the way, on 360 at least, it seem to use the same.

The ghosting was the result of TAA, plus there was supposed to be a custom edge AA for up close objects IIRC.

You want him to post something concrete for what we can't see? :p

I kid I kid.

Back