Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

Ar Tonelico 3 IQ took me completely by surprise. Looks like 4xMSAA?

2010-06-27_16-44-44jotz.jpg

Bullshot? I mean, the pics resolution is ~1080p anyways.
Are you talking about the picture I posted? I captured it, so I can assure you it's no bullshot.

Looks that way on the whole. Some points like the sword shows 6 or more degrees of gradation on some steps, but that may be due to compression artefacts.
It may be because I do analog captures. In any case, the in-game IQ looks remarkably great. Certainly better than I'd expect from a Japanese niche game -- thanks PhyreEngine!

Are you talking about the picture I posted? I captured it, so I can assure you it's no bullshot.

It may be because I do analog captures. In any case, the in-game IQ looks remarkably great. Certainly better than I'd expect from a Japanese niche game -- thanks PhyreEngine!

Ok. Then why'd you upscale it?

Ha... I often use zoomed browsing^^ I never though it'd change the picture resolution (the headline of the picture said something like ~1920x1080).

Sorry for that, I simply didn't know^^

Lego Harry Potter has horrid, constant tearing in default settings.

V-Lock and Motion blur fix this, but the lowered framerate is noticeable. They completely eliminate tearing, as expected. It looks like there's 2xAA no matter what, though I'm not a pro counter. appears to be full 720p as well.

What's dragon age origins doing on PS3? DF says it has no AA, if this is true they have some of the best jaggy hiding post-processing and colour scheme I've ever seen in a video game. I mean it's full 720p I'm watching it on a 720p native monitor and even the foliage doesn't look jagged, it has a sort of supersampling look.

Depth of Field. The game itself is rather muted on specular aliasing. Luminance is pretty consistent for the most part as well, so you don't really notice edge discontinuities as much.

I picked up two old games, Folklore and Genji (bargain bin naturally), had anyone checked them out before?

The latter doesn't look too shabby though it has a blurry look but I'm not sure if it's sub-HD or a mere blur filter. It looks very clean though with very little aliasing.

Looks the same as the beta.

The second shot is interesting with the aircraft's edge underneath the health bar. It shows 2xAA to the left of the light, but none to the right. We know that there's the temporal AA, so it's just weird having the AA show up on only part of the same edge unless it's the light source mucking about with the AA result as I imagine that the edge there hasn't moved much compared to the previous frame.

Hey, Visegrad is like an hour's drive from here, I should take a look and maybe catch Noble team there ;)

Back