Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

Has there been a recount for Ghostbusters/PS3 after the patch? I see in the summary thread the old (?) result is now labeled as "pre-patch", so some sort of change seems to be acknowledged there. I just wonder what it is now.

As I can't find the answer in the resolutions list; what were the differences between Orange Box PS3 and 360? I have seen numerous people claim the PS3 version was better looking visually (at a cost to performance).

This scene is just so wrong, the lantern just isn't illuminating the area correctly in the PC shot :???:

More like the other way around. 360 version light looks awfull, like it is clipping through geometry delivering same light strength to everything within light radius. Also the lantern metal pieces obscuring light creates shadows on PC version but doesn't seem to in 360 version. But I think if you set it to low graphics settings it might be more like that but certainly not correct.

More like the other way around. 360 version light looks awfull, like it is clipping through geometry delivering same light strength to everything within light radius. Also the lantern metal pieces obscuring light creates shadows on PC version but doesn't seem to in 360 version. But I think if you set it to low graphics settings it might be more like that but certainly not correct.
Well I did saw inaccuracies in the 360 shots but Sorry that's not the pic I wanted to refer to :p...Its actually the 5th image.

The lantern is illuminating the face in xbox 360 brightly [as it should] since its so close to the face while the PC shot has a lot more subtle lighting, the illumination is just as bright as the objects that are further in the scene eventhough the face is extremely close to the light source.

Well the light source size seems 'different' as in lightsoruce size (usually difference by contrast setting alone) and dimed glass(?). So the 360 shots seems to have radically different contrast/gamma and saturation making them look dark and lighting over exposed. Just change contrast value in BFBC2 and see the huge difference for lighting strength and definition.

Those shots also differ from 360 video footage as in to much contrast and saturation. Looks incorrect for intended purpose.

Yeah... the gamma in a number of captures looks really borked. I'd wait for some captures from other sources...

edit: reading around, it looks like a title update added gamma settings adjustment. :LOL: Yikes.

I had a chance to see Metro 2033 running on Xbox360 today & compare it to what I saw on my PC, the obvious low detailing aside I noticed an awful lot of blur in the game, as if its a Sub HD game. I am pretty sure that the amount of blur incurred was more than what I would get if I run Metro 2033 [PC] on 720p with the blurry MSAA. What's causing this ?

Back