Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

It's most noticeable on the ship tower that they added more. Sadly the colorful rocks look hideous on the PS3 version I don't know if it was stylistic choice, limitation with the new lighting or what but I would of rather they taken it out all together from with all the screenshots show at least then it wouldn't be such an eyesore.

Some nice shots, but the component adds a slight blur to things making it just a tad more difficult (compared to the other ones I looked at the other day) in determining the horizontal res.

RE5 PS3 in PAL regions just had a big patch (2.00 from 1.03) that set up the DLC menus and smaller bits. It's 187MB so it's quite a bit larger than the 55MB on the 360.

1.03 improved the frame rate noticeably so I was wondering if any can check the last patch out to see if anything was upgraded in the core engine. For starters perhaps nixing QAA (the main offender in the IQ), the peculiar water maps in the first area of the marshlands (chapter 3-1) and so forth.

What was the res of yakuza 3 JP version ?
I think someone once mentioned it being same as MGS4's 1024*768...true ?

I added more comparison video with Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope.

Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope Comparison PS3 vs XBOX 360 Scene 5
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drJkabYOxRM

Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope Comparison PS3 vs XBOX 360 Scene 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytV3iL-i2R4(error encoding, display at 30fps battle are not rendered in the correct way, may be updated later, I will post once again once corrected)

Well I noticed more stuff between both version. When you dash in the field, the framerate tend to stutter on the PS3 version. When you run the stutter is not there unless you just spawned in the field. I believe is due to some streaming texture making the game stuttering which is not shown on the 360 version running on the disk.

Battle loading are also shorter on the XBOX 360 version running on the disk. Though during cutscene, the PS3 have shorter loading time.

During fight, character doesn't have self shadow again on the PS3 version.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember being utterly annoyed by shutters in fields, when I played SO4 on Xbox 360...it was surely present in that version.

Hmm, there does seem to be self shadow in SO4 on the ps3, in battle.. it's sometimes just very light..at some times but it's there.. definitely.

Never had much stutters in the game, only in the cavern on aeos near the end of the game.

Forgive me if this is the wrong place for thread for this question, but is there any particular rason why Killzone 2's resolution/type and quantity of anti-aliasing isnt listed in the locked Rendering Resolutions thread?

Back