Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

The 360 version has lots & lots of screen tearings. Hurts my eyes :cry:
Is it the same case with the PS3 version ?

PS3: 1152 x 648 (full screen)
360: 1280 x 672 (black borders top and bottom)
About the resolution is sure or there is some doubt?Because if is it I'm just little disappointed for the ps3 version
:???:
Nevermind. It's clearly sub hd on the ps3 :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
These are 1120x720 with blur filter (quick look.. I'm supposed to be on vacation :p).
Appreciated man! I guess I'm content with that res if that's the case.
Just cucrious, which one scales better on a 1080p TV, 960x1080 or 1120x720 considering the former has more pixels?

is the publisher, and likely had nothing to do with the development at all. This is the first PS3 game from Techland, who are seemingly a very PC-focused developer.

Well the graphics are actually really good, and the framerate is pretty solid (believe its 60fps)

Well the graphics are actually really good, and the framerate is pretty solid (believe its 60fps)

It looks great on PS3, just a little softer, which kinda gives it more of an old western movie feel in my opinion.

My beef is with the missing objects, and, based on the GameSpot video review, obscene number of frames torn right through the middle.

Anyone care to have a look at Fight Night Round 4 on the PS3.

It doesn't appear to suffer from the dodgy upscale syndrom most games have and is outputing 1080p according to my tv. I guess it is upscaled though because all the 2d art and xmb are blurry when they are on the screen.

Anyone care to have a look at Fight Night Round 4 on the PS3.

It doesn't appear to suffer from the dodgy upscale syndrom most games have and is outputing 1080p according to my tv. I guess it is upscaled though because all the 2d art and xmb are blurry when they are on the screen.

1080p? :???: The demo is 720p I remember....

Yes, it's outputting 1920x1080 on my tv.

I think I deleted the demo so cannot check that out but the retail version does run at 1080p if your TV supports it.

3 new psn demo - Ghostbuster, Fuel and BF1943, all of which i believed are upscaled games. Ghostbusters look almost like a PS2 title on 1080p comes together with the PS2 lowres textures. LOL!

Ghostbusters look almost like a PS2 title on 1080p comes together with the PS2 lowres textures. LOL!

That's a gross exaggeration. Rendering resolution aside, the blurring is caused by QAA, and the game does have a ton of physics going on and decent shadows and lighting model.

Back