Way to get PS3 demos on PS3 with no internet?

fallguy

Veteran
As the title says, I have no internet for our PS3. Im currently in Iraq, and our FOB has a PS3. Is there a magazine out with a demo disc? Can someone download them to their PC, then send them over on DVD? Just looking for a way to try new games, obviously. Mirrors Edge and others are out on PSN, and Id really like to try them.

Yes, there are magazines with demo discs, or at least in Europe, though I would assume those discs are region free anyway. I buy them a lot because I don't feel like downloading all those demos, and sometimes the magazine has some of the demoes even sooner than online (not nearly always though). I'm not sure when the next disc comes out or if that will have Mirror's Edge though, but I would assume so.

The Official UK Playstation Magazine is probably the easiest to get for you. The cheapest may be the Dutch version, which is about 7 euro only I think including disc. The last one contains 27 demoes, so it's quite effective use of a BluRay disc. ;)

I thought that might be the case. I got the official PLaystation mag, it has a cover of Shaun Whites snowboarding game. But there was no disc. Maybe they just sell the version here with no disc. We only get to go to the PX once every 2-3 weeks, and thats all I saw.

Id pay someone to send me a disc, if they've got one, or a few old ones laying around. Hint, hint.

General question: can demos be put on usb drives?

If they can, can you have someone ship you a usb drive with a few demos?

fallguy, I remember you're a soldier posted to the Middle East ? What is the address to send to ? You might want to PM me (and perhaps the PS Blog folks) with the relevant details. If you're in the Home beta (ha ha), you might want to talk to CidoniaX (CidonaX ?). He/she is the community manager there. They might be able to help officially too.

Fallguy. I sent out my older ones but if u want I can hit up the book store and pick up another issue of it and send it out to you.

I dont care to post my address here. Also, Im a Marine, not a soldier. :) And a USB drive wont work. Would be nice if it did, but nope.

Lcpl, Fall, Denver T.
H&S Co. Eng Plt.
1st Bn. 2nd. Marines
Unit 73040
FPO AE 09509-0340

I would appreciate any disc that you have, and willing to pay for the shipping. Just let me know. Thanks again.

There is a way, but it involves using your PC using PS3 proxy to acquire the download. Once the download is on the PC, the PS3 points to the PC IP and the PC serves up the download.

I dont care to post my address here. Also, Im a Marine, not a soldier. :) And a USB drive wont work. Would be nice if it did, but nope.

Lcpl, Fall, Denver T.
H&S Co. Eng Plt.
1st Bn. 2nd. Marines
Unit 73040
FPO AE 09509-0340

I would appreciate any disc that you have, and willing to pay for the shipping. Just let me know. Thanks again.

I'll send it out tommorow. Any other magazines you want sent while i'm out ?

Back