Finally! Windows drivers for PSEye!

Thanks, been waiting on these.

Edit: They seem to work great in Skype.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw that a few days ago, only just got my eyetoy so didn't realise it was news :LOL:

Hope he creates a version for x64 systems soon though.

Interesting breakdown of the hardware, so you can actually determine yourself whether your value proposition is correct:

http://alexpopovich.wordpress.com/2008/09/05/sony-ps3eye-b304061-ir-filter-removal/

Also, the IR filter removal, what this documents, is interesting in and of itself ... does it inhibit image quality, and is that what we are seeing on the PS3 when people complain about it's quality?
He takes out the IR filter so that the camera can see IR, then he places a filter over the lens that blocks out the rest of the spectrum. The purpose for doing this is multitouch applications.

He's got a setup that shoots IR lasers over a glass surface, with the camera pointing up at the surface from underneath. A video projector is also underneath, projecting the display onto the glass for him to interact with. When he touches the glass, his fingertips break the IR beams and show up as a dark spot to the camera (or as light spots after processing). Then he can capture those points as input for multitouch applications (think iPhone or Microsoft Surface).

Well i finally got my ps3eye. Can anyone get it to work in stickam.com? The ps3eye test app it came with works but not in stickam. Also everytime I reboot it doesn't detect the ps3eye I have to unplug and replug it for the PC to detect it.

Edit: Used an older driver stickam works fine now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got it to work in Win7.
Nismo said:
Finally.. I did it. :LOL:

For the people that can't install the PS3Eye in latest windows 7 x64:

1- Install the lastest drivers "PS3Eye Camera Setup v3.0.0.0901" (thanks to AlexP).

2- Plug your cam. Windows says it cant find the drivers.

3- Go to Device Manager and find your cam (for me USB camera-B3.04.06.1). Right click and select update software driver, select install software driver manually.

4- Then explore to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\AlexP .

5. Follow instructions.

It works for me, I hope this can help more people than me. My english is not good I hope that everybody can understand me.

Regards.

P.D: Don't forget to give thanks to AlexP.

PD2: I dont know if this can works in another windows version.
Btw the microphone quality is really good I'm using it for online games.

Back