Intel i752 and Trident XP4, ever released?

The only thing that doesn't seem right is that the specs on the X3 say 25 million transistors as opposed to the XP4's 30 million, very odd, like they cut features perhaps.

No feature cuts I know about. Maybe Trident was really up to something with the shared pipelines.

What do you think of the specs? Do you think they are identical or? What exactly do you mean with Trident being up to something with the shared pipelines? :)

I guess they are identical, can't tell for sure though.
Only one pipeline was "full". Second had less logic and shared some resources with first and so on, each subsequent pipeline had less and less transistors.

@Tim:
Compare those cards:
t23jl6.jpg

The upper one is one of those Trident XP4 prototypes, the lower one is one of my Volari XP5 samples.
Those cards look very similar to me, especially if you look at the connectivity or on the area around the fan connector.

The board layout doesn't seem to have anything in common except for the connectors.

XGI pretty much took Tridents XP4 chip and re branded it as their Volari V3, they've got indentical specs, if this chip is based on the V3, then it should have a core similar to the XP4. :)

Against the information on German wikipedia,
the XP5 has not their same codename as the V3!
The V3 core is the XG42, the XP5 is named XG43.

Very interesting: That's what Powerstrip says about this card:
unbenannt1111u.jpg

And this can be found on pcidatabase.com at this ID:
{ 0x1023, 0x2200, "Volari V3", "Video adapter" }

And if the PCI ID is identical, it has to be the same chip, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back