PSN weekly updates

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty is the shit, you guys. Now that's what I call a proper remake. Wonder how they're going to translate that thing to the Vita, though. It looks incredibly pretty on the PS4.

Really establishes Unity as a worthy choice of middleware, too.

Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty is the shit, you guys. Now that's what I call a proper remake. Wonder how they're going to translate that thing to the Vita, though. It looks incredibly pretty on the PS4.

Well who knows? At least Unity was already ported.

So is it good? Does the gameplay hold up, and do the changes make the game more accessible?

I'd say come version 5. Reportedly, Unity is stuck at 4.3 for PS4 and isn't getting an update until 5. The latest build is 4.5 and includes some important (essential) updates to 2D among other things. But yeah, long term Unity is an excellent engine, extremely flexible for many games.

Well who knows? At least Unity was already ported.

So is it good? Does the gameplay hold up, and do the changes make the game more accessible?

It is good and the gameplay does hold up very well. Or rather it's just really good. I played Abe's Odyssey almost 20 years ago, and safe for fact that it was really hard and really enjoyable, I remember very little of that game. Supposedly it's quite a bit easier (you can quick save and quick load now), but it remains a pretty stiff challenge. For 20€ it's kind of a steal. It's essentially a brand new game (they added tons of stuff and greatly expanded on what was originally there). And it is a pretty sizeable one at that.

It is good and the gameplay does hold up very well. Or rather it's just really good. I played Abe's Odyssey almost 20 years ago, and safe for fact that it was really hard and really enjoyable, I remember very little of that game. Supposedly it's quite a bit easier (you can quick save and quick load now), but it remains a pretty stiff challenge. For 20€ it's kind of a steal. It's essentially a brand new game (they added tons of stuff and greatly expanded on what was originally there). And it is a pretty sizeable one at that.
I really dont like the change in style, the original was way darker and less comic-y. So much over saturated colors and extremly bright lighting.
That said, I love the Oddworld games and would buy it immediatly, but I still need to get a PS4 first. Not much sense in that given that I barely have time now (nor later this time when some guy or girl with my genes starts causing panic and disorder). Hopefully a crossbuy will give me the Vita-Version soon and a PS4 version later, I bought the originals on PSN and controling feels a bit ackward without double shoulder buttons.

Id probably like it more if the first 2 oddworlds were rolled into a seemless game.

sony os giving away free stuff for PSN hack settlement
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...es-ps-plus-subs-in-usd15m-psn-hack-settlement

but i cant login to the website although i was member since 2008. (and i forgot to redeen my "welcom back program" for the hack in 2011 ouch...)
I really thought you picked up a 3 year old article at first :D

The compensation enforced by law is just a fraction of that offered by goodwill 3 years ago (or fear of angry customers). The "Welcome Back" program hooked me on PSN though.

Lots of legal troubles and money in the pocket of lawyers for no reason IMHO.

Went on store to grab Destiny beta and perused the new releases. There's actually a lot more there than I realised! But why do so few games provide trailers? They must have YouTube gameplay or trailers out there, so why'd the PSN store so uninformative? Some games I've literally no idea what's going on from the few screenies!

Went on store to grab Destiny beta and perused the new releases. There's actually a lot more there than I realised! But why do so few games provide trailers? They must have YouTube gameplay or trailers out there, so why'd the PSN store so uninformative? Some games I've literally no idea what's going on from the few screenies!

Yep, good question.

I really dont like the change in style, the original was way darker and less comic-y. So much over saturated colors and extremly bright lighting.
That said, I love the Oddworld games and would buy it immediatly, but I still need to get a PS4 first. Not much sense in that given that I barely have time now (nor later this time when some guy or girl with my genes starts causing panic and disorder). Hopefully a crossbuy will give me the Vita-Version soon and a PS4 version later, I bought the originals on PSN and controling feels a bit ackward without double shoulder buttons.

Id probably like it more if the first 2 oddworlds were rolled into a seemless game.

The remake doesn't look any less filthy really. It's just a lot sharper, and thanks to the nature of the many real time light sources, the environments just have a lot more "pop". I think the art direction is seriously phenomenal.

They should probably even consider linking to youtube ...

Who knows, with the upcoming youtube app ... (yeah right ;) )

Likely different, as it usually is and we got Dragon's Crown last month.

Zen Pinball 2 on PS4 got almost all the other tables added now by the way. I think only the Sigma table is missing vs PS3/Vita.

aaaaaaaaaaaagh i was tempted by discount to 20 USD for dragon crown in july :(
now its free...

-___-

but at least it will bring more players for MP :D

btw does PS+ games can be shared to 2 console? (2 ps vita / 2 ps3 / 2 ps4)
because the digital game sold in PSN is nice if you share account with friends, basically all games got 50% discount :p

i only tried on PS3, but it allows 2 independent PS3 to be online together using a game that you buy online once.

EDIT:
a few years ago sony is rather crazy in their PSN game sharing. They allow 1 game to be played by 5 people <-- nice discount if pool money together :D

Back