PSN weekly updates

Shank 2 and Need For Speed Shift 2 are free for PS+ members at the moment (in Europe at least). Downloaded Shift2. Don't like it one bit. I think it feels completely terrible. Granted, I'm not a big fan of sim racers in the first place, but when playing various iterations of Gran Turismo over the years, I always got a great feel for the vehicles in relation to the track. Not so much in Shift 2 unfortunately. Cars just feels oddly floaty and sorta disconnected from the road, and the controls are annoyingly jumpy.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012...ming-spring-2012-for-playstation-and-ps-vita/

The good news here is that if you already have Zen Pinball on PS3, you'll get that updated to Zen Pinball 2 for free, and you'll keep your content which will show up automatically, and same for the Marvel stuff.

For those who also have a Vita, it looks like you'll buy the Vita version, but then all the DLC you already have and/or purchase for the PS3 version won't have to be bought again for the Vita version.

In the US, you seem to be getting the Pinball Arcade game sometime soon as well. This one has full 'buy one, get both PS3 and Vita versions support. No news on an EU release date for that one, and I assume that could be tricky - the Williams Pinball Collection took a long time to be released over here and that was by the same guys. Could be that European licences are held buy various different parties making negotiations complex.

The Pinball Arcade supposedly comes out today in the US and according to Farsight studios it's still scheduled for a release tomorrow in Europe. The Williams Collection's insanely delayed release was just a screw-up on Crave's behalf as far as I recall (and only the PS3 version was affected). These aren't tables based on movies or other more exotic licenses after all.

Seems you are right. PSN release in Europe for the "localised" version of The Pinball Arcade (because loacalising a Pinball game must be a shit ton of work, right? Oh wait, it's been on the EU XBLA marketplace since the 4th. What a surprise. Not.) version next month. I wonder whether these Sony dim wits will ever get their act together. This is certainly not the way to win the war for digital delivery.

Got PS+ subscription last month and I have to say I am overwhelmed and too happy I got it.
I recieved:

LBP2 : (a;ways wanted to have it, never got it till now)
Infamous 2: (Had it sold it to get a new ps3, so I am glad I have it again as I love Infamous 1)
Motorstorm Apocalypse: (Seems to be good from what I played till now.My love Pacific Rift is too strong)
Darksiders: (One of the best games, always wanted it)
Oddworld Strangers Wrath : (Wanted it so much, Thank you SOny)
Deus Ex:HR : (Surprised that they gave it for free, its supposedly MGS-level good. Can't wait to try it out)
Warhammer40K:Space Marine : (found it lacking and average)
Virtua Fighter 5 : (Oh Boy ! This is so damn good ! )
Renegade Ops (Already had it, super fun in co-op but sadly no trophies in co-op)

and just yesterday they gave us :

Saints Row 2 (was gonna buy it used this weekend, but now I have it for free! Yay !)
Lara Croft :Guardian of Light (Was gonna buy it over Steam Sale , good that I didn't !)

ANd there are more games like CHimes, Wakeboarding etc, which I can't even remember how many I am entitled to.

Add to that :

1)We'll keep getting one game each month
2)and two new games every three months!

All in All the one year subscription is totally worth the money ! This is the best deal ever. And I got it for $30 only. I think if subscription gaming is the future, I am in already.:cool:

The only problem is my download speeds. I get 4 mbps, but I only get to download around 15 gbs with that. After that my connections slogs at 512kbps.

Sigfried1977 said:
Seems you are right. PSN release in Europe for the "localised" version of The Pinball Arcade (because loacalising a Pinball game must be a shit ton of work, right? Oh wait, it's been on the EU XBLA marketplace since the 4th. What a surprise. Not.) version next month. I wonder whether these Sony dim wits will ever get their act together. This is certainly not the way to win the war for digital delivery.

In the end Sony ask them to hold it back one additional month for simultaneous release with the Vita version, to emphasize the buy once get both aspect. Loving it on Vita.

@Renegade: yeah, PSN+ has gotten off the charts amazing

wonder how sony are able to pull all these deals, do they actually make money? MS is basically getting free cash just for providing online play..........

These are older games, well not that old in some cases, but old enough that they already had most of their lifetime sales. This way they can reach a much wider audience that they may not have been able to reach otherwise. And who knows, maybe they'll buy the next games in the series at full price if they like these. And of course Sony is still making from selling PS+ subscriptions.

For me this is the first time Sony is offering something I think is worth paying a PS+ subscription for.

wonder how sony are able to pull all these deals, do they actually make money? MS is basically getting free cash just for providing online play..........
In many cases those might be the gateway drugs, several of those games have DLC which is at a reduced price but not free.
And in some way you get really dependent on your PS+ subscription, all the freebies only work when you are subscribed. And as someone who is just a year on PS+, the freebies add up even if you dont count the recent craziness :p

SOme of then are not so old, like Oddworld is fairly new and I was contemplating buying it. Infamous 2 might be old now, but it still is a fantastic buy. Add to all these, we'll get new Indie releases too. In total, we have been promised 45 games in an year, which is HUGE if the games maintain the kindof quality they have shown till now.

When people asked him about Dyad's EU release date (in the official PS Blog I believe), the guy replied it's still "at least a month away" iirc.

Sigfried1977 said:
When people asked him about Dyad's EU release date (in the official PS Blog I believe), the guy replied it's still "at least a month away" iirc.

What is Dyad?

Edit: just googled it. Looks ok-ish?!

Most podcasts I listen to loved it, except the Player One Podcast, who think it is way overhyped by the gaming press and it is a version of bits of gameplay that all have been done better in the past (I think that's about what they said).

WOW ! Dead SPace 2 and Rock of Ages free for PS+. This is turning out better than I ever imagined :D ! I had almost bought both of these games a few weeks back. Tank goodness I didn't !

Lesson learnt from PS+: Don't buy anything except PC exclusives on Steam sales. It might just go free anytime on PSN !

Sigfried1977 said:
Puddle is kinda neat actually. I also bought GTA Chinatown Wars for 5€.

Tried the demo but so far not yet convinced. It seems a bit slow and the levels too long.

Back