PSN weekly updates

Press X on your own PSN avatar. Then X again to bring up the color palette. It should be selected by default already.

Does anyone know when Pixeljunk 'shooter' is supposed to come out? I'm craving this game like none other..... :oops:

I think not far off, because the Gravity Crash guys were somewhat concerned about the game similarities. That wouldn't be an issue if they launched months before Shooter.

Lots of stuff this week:

- the GT Academy Time Trial (PS3) (already up)
- Digital Comics service launches (PSP)
PS3 can now play all PSP Minis (except Tetris, by the way). I'll be testing this - I have at least one.
- Braid (PS3)
- Lots of Home stuff

And that's just the stuff that received its own article. No idea what else is on there.

EDIT: this

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2009...n-store-update-17th-december-2009/#more-11077

That is odd. Liked the movie, didn't expect a Star Trek dynamic theme at all. Best chance is to wait for the themes to show up on youtube. They always do.

I wished for a christmas themed dynamic theme, but seems I won't be getting one :(
An interactive snow globe would've been cute :)

That is odd. Liked the movie, didn't expect a Star Trek dynamic theme at all. Best chance is to wait for the themes to show up on youtube. They always do.

Yeah. It's not there yet though ... I did find a Demon's Souls dynamic theme that I didn't know about ...

Hrmm... how long did it take FF7 to get from the NA store to the EU store? :/ Would like to pick up FF8.

Yeah me too... :cry:
FF8 is one of my most awaited games and I want it soo bad. I was never able to buy it, so I ended up getting it for PC and playing it from my laptop with a 3 meter USB cable sitting on my couch with the keyboard... I was THAT desperate! And I love the game too... The only FF I have only completed once!

I tried the Minis on PS3 thing by the way, because I'd bought Pinball Fantasies for PSP so I just had to redownload that whopping 5MB. ;) Anyway, it works as advertised and is exactly the same in this case, even including changing the display to portrait mode, so this is a rare game that you can play while lying on the couch on your side. :D

Obviously you're better off getting Zen Pinball for your PS3 if you want a good Pinball game for the PS3, but if you already got this for the PSP it's a nice feature - for me personally just listening to the awesome soundtrack of the skulls n bones table is a nice trip down Amiga memory lane. ;)

I loved the old Amiga pinball games, but did not like Zen Pinball at all, hmmm maybe I should give one of these minis a go.

I loved the old Amiga pinball games, but did not like Zen Pinball at all, hmmm maybe I should give one of these minis a go.

Really? Maybe just didn't stick with them long enough? They're pretty fast tables (ball moves at a high pace) so you may have to get used to them, but they're really good with great depth - there is really lots to discover. They are also really fair tables, if at least you realise that /how you can earn all sorts of ball-saved and kick-back options (on some tables it is really necessary that you focus on getting these, otherwise you won't make it really far).

Also, make sure you experiment with the different views - some of the views are just perfect, imho - they pretty successfully simulate you stretching / looking up to see the further half of the table and such. Really good stuff. I also really recommend the Street Fighter themed DLC table - it's a great table, and the price of 3 euros - that's like two-three games on a real table. :D

I think I played almost every half-decent pinball game since the C64 (Night Mission Pinball I think was the best on that). I loved all the Digital Illusions Pinball games (Dreams is released as Mini now also), but the Pro-Pinball series has been my favorite. The more recent Gottlieb Collection I don't like as much - it's nice for historical reasons as it has some real classics, but in the end above all show that modern tables are much, much more fun.

Yeah me too... :cry:
FF8 is one of my most awaited games and I want it soo bad. I was never able to buy it, so I ended up getting it for PC and playing it from my laptop with a 3 meter USB cable sitting on my couch with the keyboard... I was THAT desperate! And I love the game too... The only FF I have only completed once!

Vagrant Story is coming next Tuesday I just read on Eurogamer, which is arguably even better than FF8, yes? At least I seem to recall it was rather excellent, and I think I may just try it - never got around to playing it back then, and sounds like it would be a great fit for PSP now (though I have way too many PSP games to play now as it is! Well done Sony ;) ).

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved all the Team 17 Pinball games (Dreams is released as Mini now also)

Pinball dreams and Fantasies are made by Digital Illusions. Best amiga flippers ever. Pinball Illusions (AGA game with awesome 256 color graphics) was also good.

Just bought Fantasies from MINIS collection and playing it right now. :)

Vagrant Story is coming next Tuesday I just read on Eurogamer, which is arguably even better than FF8, yes? At least I seem to recall it was rather excellent, and I think I may just try it - never got around to playing it back then, and sounds like it would be a great fit for PSP now (though I have way too many PSP games to play now as it is! Well done Sony ;) ).

Vagrant Story is excellent. It's a much more hardcore RPG compared to something like Final Fantasy. It's more difficult, and you have a lot more items available to effect the stats of your character and weapons. The combat system is a nice mix between realtime and turnbased strategy. It's a shame they never made a sequel for it.

Gah... FF8. I gave up right outside the last boss fight because I didn't have what it's called... some ultimate weapon. :love: the music and the graphics at that time. Bought the guide too.

Would be nostalgic to watch the crazy summon animations all over again. :)
[size=-2]I liked the Diablo summon a lot last time[/size]

Back