PSN weekly updates

Did anyone get a 'Just showing our gratitude' email from the Playstation Network? 'A simple thank you to one of our favorite customers.' Gee, you're welcome Sony, you shouldn't have gone through all this trouble.

Saw your post and checked. I received it too. Where is my "PS Thanks" reward :p ?

EDIT: It's a spam to get us to visit PS Store. The irony is if we are their favorite customers, we probably visit the PS Store frequently. So the mail is meaningless to us. They need to get those who are not online. In that case, the messaging and mechanism should be different. They also won't be persuaded by a one liner: "Check out our PS Store".

Qore Sept Ep 16 available
  • UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves expanded coverage
  • Jay Leno and Gran Turismo PSP
  • Our PSPgo update
  • Brutal Legend with Tim Schaefer
  • MAG Beta invitation
  • UNCHARTED 2 theme
  • DiRT2 demo (don't we already have this? lol)

MAG Beta Info
  • If you are not a current subscriber, you can still get in on the Beta if you subscribe or renew on or before September 17.
  • The MAG Beta is open to subscribers only, not to single episode purchasers.
  • All Beta invitations are restricted to persons 18 years and older.
  • We must have your current, valid e-mail address on file.
  • You must be opted in to receiving communications from PlayStation.
  • Vouchers will be sent to the e-mail associated with the PSN account that purchased the Qore subscription, not to any sub-accounts.

Also, the PlayStation Store got two new viewing modes:

Remaining update: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/09/playstation-store-update-101/

IL2 Sturmovic is supposed to support sixaxis motion controls, but I can't find it in the demo, which is a shame, I would have really liked to test that out.
We tried it, but latency was high enough to precisely control the plane. In contrast to Lair, you need quick and delicate controls for aiming.

but it's a straight PC port
This is not a console adaptation of original IL-2 sturmovik, but entirely different game.

We tried it, but latency was high enough to precisely control the plane. In contrast to Lair, you need quick and delicate controls for aiming.

Ah but I wasn't expecting it for aiming. Typically it would be used for controlling your head to look around the cockpit to scan the skies for other planes, while keeping flying in the same direction for instance (a very typical use for flight sims, and if you connect the sixaxis to Linux, it even works like that by default for the flying game demo that's in the default game package.

Another option could be for just flying and then aiming with the analog stick at the same time, similar to how you now use one analog stick for rolling and the other for aiming for instance. Warhawk has quite a few examples of sixaxis use that work (you can even do separate rolling, banking and aiming in that one) and I personally think it works really well there.

The Fat Princess demo definitely undershot my expectations.

Tried four times to quick-join a game. Each time I waited a minute, got nothing, was kicked out and forced to watch the promotional "buy the full game now!" clip. Every time except for the fourth attempt. That's when I exited and deleted the demo. I'll never look back.

I received a code for the first episode of the Vampire Diaries, but I can't access it from my IP (and not particularly interested either). Does anyone want it, so it doesn't go to waste? US PSN store. Send me a PM, if you do. I know, I know, sorta a booby prize, haha.

Pfew, these updates have been coming pretty late the last few times. Now I'm wondering if I'll really like Trine ... wasn't thrilled by the PC demo, yet a fair number of people on podcasts have been very enthusiastic about it. Anyway, I'm off having a look-see. :)

Also, with many Home updates announced for 24 September, I'm starting to think that next week we could be seeing Home 1.3?

I don't know what's wrong with the store today. First they are 4 hours late, and everything is made very difficult to find. The Batman DLC for example is 1 of only 2 new things showing in the "in the spotlight" section. Trine is immediately on the first page, but it randomly shows games so chances are you'll miss it. And you can't find it in the A / Z games list.

Edit: It seems to have updated properly now.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for PSone games in US store to get to the EU store?
I saw Legacy of Kain: Blood omen in the US store. It's the last game I need to complete the series up till now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pfew, these updates have been coming pretty late the last few times. Now I'm wondering if I'll really like Trine ... wasn't thrilled by the PC demo, yet a fair number of people on podcasts have been very enthusiastic about it. Anyway, I'm off having a look-see. :)

I have heard good things about Trine. Can't wait to try it when it's in US.

Also, with many Home updates announced for 24 September, I'm starting to think that next week we could be seeing Home 1.3?

Yap, that's my bet too. There was an earlier hint about Playstation Home clubhouse update. I hope it's true and that it can squeeze into v1.3.

Is there any way I can share PS demos on my ps3 with a friend?
He doesn't have a net connections and is missing out on some cool demos. Is there any way I can copy demos from my ps3 to his ?

Short of telling him to bring his PS3 to your house and download them on his PS3 I don't think it's possible.

http://kotaku.com/5386272/the-tester-looking-for-host

Experience Female host needed for for a show revolving around the video game world. PlayStation 3 Knowledge IS A MUST. This Shoots from late October through Early November. Please include a picture, resume, contact info and any type of video link of your hosting and gaming knowledge. Also please send a long a list of your favorite PS3 Games.

Kotaku thinks it may be for the reality show "The Tester".

the PSN show will challenge contestants' "memory, stamina, dexterity, and overall mental prowess." Whomever survives this series of challenges will secure a contract position at Sony Computer Entertainment's Quality Assurance department in San Diego.

No comment. :p

Is there any way I can share PS demos on my ps3 with a friend?
He doesn't have a net connections and is missing out on some cool demos. Is there any way I can copy demos from my ps3 to his ?

I'm not sure if this is possible. However, over here we also have BluRay demo-discs that come with the Official Playstation Magazine. If you have those over there, that may be a good way to get the demos - over here sometimes they've even put on demos earlier on those discs than they appear on PSN, like some Guitar Hero demos.

what are the updates for this week?

BTW , tried the Dirt2 demo today, man are the visuals beautiful !!! I wish MStorm had been made with this engine :D!

what are the updates for this week?

Quite a bit though it depends on Europe or U.S. Europe is getting both Ratchet & Clank demos, a Trine demo (first two levels with all options), and some other stuff. Actually heads up was just posted on the EU Blog. See the end of this post.

BTW , tried the Dirt2 demo today, man are the visuals beautiful !!! I wish MStorm had been made with this engine :D!

Really? Wow. We have different taste! Give me Motorstorm 2's graphics any day of the week. :cool:

PlayStation Store via PS3
Special Offers

* Call of Duty 4 Variety Map Pack (PS3) (£3.99/€4.99) (Ends 2nd November)
* Riff Everyday Shooter (PS3) (£3.99/€4.99) (Ends 5th November)
* SOCOM Fireteam Bravo (PSP) (£9.99/€12.99) (Ends 5th November)
* Future Cop: LAPD 2100AD (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
* Syndicate Wars (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
* Hi-Octane (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
* Championship Bass (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
* Street Skater (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
* Street Skater 2 (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)

Downloadable Game

* Hasbro Family Game Night (£31.99/€39.99) PEGI 3+

Trial and Unlock Key

* Zombie Apocalypse (Trial free, Unlock Key £7.99/€9.99) PEGI 18+

Demos (free)

* Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time Ratchet (Krell Canyon Demo) PEGI 7+
* Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time Clank (Great Clock Demo) PEGI 7+
* Fat Princess Demo PEGI 16+
* Trine Demo PEGI 12+
* Dragon Ball Raging Blast Demo PEGI 12+

Add-On Game Content

* Pain - Elvira Character (£0.79/€0.99) PEGI 12+
* LittleBigPlanet – Halloween Mask (free) PEGI 7+
* EyePet – Lucky Dip Styling Pack 2 (free) PEGI 3+

* Cross Edge
o Add EP (£2.39/€2.99)
o Add G (£1.59/€1.99)
o Add PP (1) (£1.59/€1.99)
o Add PP (2) (£1.59/€1.99)
o Add TP (£1.59/€1.99)
o Additional Dungeon 1 (free)
o Additional Dungeon 2 (free)
o Additional Dungeon 3 (free)
o Additional Dungeon 4 (free)
o Additional Dungeon 5 (free)
o Beauty & Beast Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
o Big Strong Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
o Bromidic Pack (free)
o Chicken Prediction Pack (free)
o Defense Is Offense Pack (1) (free)
o Defense Is Offense Pack (2) (free)
o Departure Pack (free)
o Enigma Synth Pack (1) (free)
o Enigma Synth Pack (2) (free)
o Exotic Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
o Fickle Woman Pack (free)
o Fluffy Synth Pack (free)
o Fresh Heart Pack (free)
o Hero Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
o It’ll Come in Handy Pack (£0.79/€0.99)
o Latest Technology Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
o Lots of Legends Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
o Mighty Rare Pack (free)
o Mystery Synth Pack (free)
o New Costume Set (1) (£3.19/€3.99)
o New Costume Set (2) (£3.19/€3.99)
o No Sense of Direction Pack (free)
o Open Gallery (£1.59/€1.99)
o Open Voice (£1.59/€1.99)
o Power-Up Pack (free)
o Power-Up Pack + (free)
o Pretty Little Pack (free)
o Safety Pack (free)
o Service Point Pack (free)
o Stew Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
o Stone SP Synth Pack (free)
o Strongest (In a Way) Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
o Thanks for Waiting Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
o This is Equipment Pack (free)
o Trial Edition Pack (free)
o Unspoken Fear Pack (£1.59/€1.99)
o Upgrade Point Pack (£1.19/€1.49)
o Wanderer Pack (free)

PEGI 12+

* Trivial Pursuit – Sports Pack (£3.99/€4.99) PEGI 3+
* DJ Hero – Extended Mix Pack 01 (£4.79/€5.99) PEGI 12+

* Beatles: Rock Band
o Abbey Road Album (£10.49/€11.25)
o Because (£0.99/€1.49)
o Maxwell’s Silver Hammer (£0.99/€1.49)
o Oh! Darling (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

* Guitar Hero 5
o Astro Zombies by The Misfits (£1.59/€1.99)
o Beautiful People by Marilyn Manson (£1.59/€1.99)
o Gor Gor by GWAR (£1.59/€1.99)
o All Hallows Eve Track Pack (contains the three tracks listed above) (£4.39/€5.49)

PEGI 12+

* Rock Band
o Best of Me by Morningwood (£0.59/€0.79)
o Burn by Rob Zombie (£0.99/€1.49)
o Dragula by Rob Zombie (£0.99/€1.49)
o New Moon Rising by Wolfmother (£0.99/€1.49)
o Pilgrim by Wolfmother (£0.99/€1.49)
o Rock Me by Liz Phair (£0.99/€1.49)
o Sugarbaby by Morningwood (£0.59/€0.79)
o Sundial by Wolfmother (£0.99/€1.49)
o Superbeast by Rob Zombie (£0.99/€1.49)
o White Unicorn by Wolfmother (£0.99/€1.49)
o Woman by Wolfmother (£0.99/€1.49)
o Rob Zombie Pack 01 (this pack contains the above three Rob Zombie tracks) (£2.49/€3.99)
o Wolfmother Pack 01 (this pack contains the above five Wolfmother tracks) (£5.25/€6.59)

PEGI 12+
Videos (free)

* PAIN Elvira Trailer
* Dante’s Inferno Limbo Gameplay Trailer
* Dragon Age: Origins Warden’s Keep Trailer
* Dragon Age: Origins Stone Prisoner Trailer
* Need for Speed: Shift TV Spot Trailer
* Heroes over Europe Ace Kill Gameplay Trailer
* Heroes over Europe Planes Gameplay Trailer
* Heroes over Europe Environments Gameplay Trailer

Premium Themes

(static themes)

* Apache Gunship Theme (£1.19/€1.49)
* Bloodwork Theme (£1.19/€1.49)
* Fractal Fire Theme (£1.19/€1.49)
* Shades of Autumn Theme (£1.19/€1.49)

PlayStation Store via PSP and Media Go
Special Offers

* SOCOM Fireteam Bravo (PSP) (£9.99/€12.99) (Ends 5th November)
* Future Cop: LAPD 2100AD (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
* Syndicate Wars (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
* Hi-Octane (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
* Championship Bass (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
* Street Skater (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)
* Street Skater 2 (PSone Classic) (£2.39/€2.99) (Ends 5th November)

Downloadable Games (also available via the PS3 store)

* LocoRoco Midnight Carnival (£11.99/€14.99) PEGI 3+
* Crystal Defenders (£7.99/€9.99) PEGI 7+
* Super Monkey Ball Adventure (£11.99/€14.99) PEGI 16+
* Football Manager Handheld 2010 (£29.99/€.99) PEGI 7+

minis (also available via the PS3 store)

* Zombie Tycoon (£3.99/€4.99) PEGI 3+

Trial and Unlock Key

* LocoRoco Midnight Carnival (Trial free, Unlock Key £11.99/€14.99) PEGI 3+

Demos (free)

* PixelJunk Monsters Deluxe Demo PEGI 12+
* Crystal Defenders Demo PEGI 7+

Add-On Game Content (also available via the PS3 store)

* Rock Band Unplugged
o Kool Thing by Sonic Youth (£0.99/€1.49)
o My Old School by Steely Dan (£0.99/€1.49)

PEGI 12+

I am not saying MS:pR looks bad :) , infact I have fallen in love with it ever since I borrowed my friend's copy, but I think the vehicles and the sunlight look really great in Dirt2 demo. I have heard there's a jungle track in dirt2 , does anyone have screenshots of that? That would make a good comparison.

Back