PSN weekly updates

The US version AFAIK did have a different intro. I downloaded it from the US store so what I got obviously is the NTSC equivalent of the PS1 game.

Did you buy it from the US PS store or the EU PS store? I wonder if they have the same version for both stores.

The USA version of the PS1 game was in black and white and unlike the PAL version they took out some sequences. For example the part where the guy raises the gun with the hand, in the PAL version AFAIR you could clearly see that the hand was chopped. In the US version they do not show that just like the original version.

One thing that disappoints me with Director's Cut though is the different soundtrack. The original was much better.

It probably escaped my attention when it happened, no idea when, but I recently booted up The Last Guy again and it had a trophy update. I don't know why exactly, but it adds to this game. Maybe it's because all the trophies are secret. It triggered me to play this game a lot further than last time and the game seems to get better. I initially thought that the pacing was off - at least that's the way it felt to me, but that's just the first few levels it seems now. After that, it gets pretty good. Just finished the Sidney level, and it looks like there's still a fair few levels to go. Nice game!

PixelJunk games are some of my most favorite PSN games. Looking forward to play Shooter and Fat Princess.

New gameplay video of PixelJunk Shooter (Found in GAF):

E3 one:

I'm downloading Shatter, the two Killzone 2 maps I didn't have yet and Wipeout Fury ...

I have to start looking at more of the PSN stuff. The Pixeljunk games look great. Can you get them as a bundle?

To me, PixelJunk Monsters is a masterpiece. The co-op/2 player mode is seriously the draw for me, as I've beat the original campaign with my girlfriend and am currently going through the expansion pack with her as well. Its fun, cute, easy to learn, and very engaging.

Huh ? PixelJunk Monster has an expansion pack ? What is it called ?

I have been replaying and replaying the old levels to death.

Yeah, PJM has an expansion pack with additional levels and such. I have slightly different taste from some people here though - I only liked PJ Eden (though I thought it got fustrating eventually, but it's very good anyway).

Wipeout Fury though, it's absolutely awesome! It's FIFA09 to FIFA08, except you get it for just 10 euros. Unlike what I thought, there are really 8 new tracks and the 4 zone tracks are different from the rest also. The Detonator and Zone Battle are great additions, the new special effects in the presentation are great (some awesome 3d pixel model morphing stuff) and even the new music is just awesome. Especially the latter helps tonnes, and now this Wipeout is the best Wipeout there has ever been. Highly recommended.

Talking about great music, Shatter's music is great also. The game seems a bit too easy, but the basic mechanics are a very satisfying take on breakout. I hope it gets a nice expansion later on, but it's definitely a cool experience. Just wish it was harder.

A little update on Shatter - yes it is too easy, but then it has quite a few levels (I think 11 worlds at something like 7 levels and 1 boss each) and the bosses become trickier pertty fast. I think it wants you to see all levels though because when you're down to your last lives you get suspiciously many 1up bonus items ;).

I haven't tried any of the other modes yet. So far, I think I can heartily recommend this game. I also played a fair bit of Numblast last week by the way, which while I liked it, I can't recommend so much because it looks really simple, and the gameplay lacks depth - you can get really satisfying long combo chains, but there's a hard limit of comboing the full screen (called numblast if you pull that off, I haven't yet, but I did get a 27 combo which is rather close) because combo'd blocks don't disappear.

If you don't mind that the puzzle game will last you max 6 hours before you're bored though, then I think you may just like it if you're into puzzle games - it's only 4,99 euros so it's still fairly decent value for money. But I want my puzzle games to have unlimited appeal in Time Trial modes and this doesn't have it. ;)

As for the absolutely amazing Wipeout Fury update, read my detailed impressions in the Wipeout HD thread.

Correct, n oco-op. It does show the socre of the friend closest to you to beat though :D

Mainichi Issyo celebrated their 1000th episode:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2009/08/04/kutaragi_toro_station/

Kutaragi was the last special guest: :LOL:

Former Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Ken Kutaragi, now Honorary Chairman for the company, made a brief appearance, all dressed up in what could be his favorite casual shirt (I swear I've seen that pic of before!). His congratulations were apparently not enough for Kuro, who asked for a reward. Kutaragi first said he'd give them (actually the player) 1,000 Myails (in-game currency that you can use to buy stuff). But, apparently sensing that this was too much, he reduced the figure to 100.

Kutaragi left the scene saying that he had to get back to work. Doing what, he sadly wouldn't say. Perhaps he's making a lesson plan for Monday?

Apparently, Bionic Commando Rearmed is getting it's trophy patch today for European users.

I have been holding off paying it until the trophies were added so this is great news as far as I'm concerned.

PSN & GameBattle Integration

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/08/07/playstation-network-and-gamebattles-auto-reporting/

Today we’re happy to officially introduce auto reporting — a function of sharing game data between the PlayStation Network and Gamebattles tournament and ladder systems.

It works like this: When you finish a match which was scheduled on select Gamebattles PlayStation arenas, Gamebattles will fetch the score and statistics for both teams (or players). For the player, this means it will be much easier and faster to play PS3 matches on Gamebattles and there will be fewer disputes based on user input errors. It will also allow PlayStation to highlight PS3 Gamebattles activity in real-time, both on the interweb and within connected PlayStation communities.

On GameBattles.com:
http://gamebattles.com/news/996-Auto-Score-Reporting-in-MLB-09-The-Show-for-PS3.html

What does this mean for MLB ’09 The Show Players?
When you go to report a score on a GB match in the MLB ’09 The Show Arena on PlayStation 3, GameBattles will fetch all of the scores and statistics for both players from PSN! This will make it much easier and faster to play matches on GB and will drastically reduce the possibility of needing to file disputes, because user input error is eliminated from the equation. Additionally, deeper statistical data will be gathered from PSN and eventually enable GB to display more detailed data feeds than ever before.

What’s next?
We’re working hard with PlayStation to bring this feature to more great titles on the PlayStation 3.

Just noticed Vagrant Story is up on the JP PSN for 600 Yen. If memory serves me, not bringing this over to the US and EU PSN can be considered an act of war under the Geneva Convention.

Anyone tried Droplitz? I was tempted by the description but have been bitten too many times by PSN impulse purchases that I held off.

Back