[360] Halo 3: ODST

Are they insane? I can't believe they rated Shadow Complex a 7!! It's a brilliant game. That and Trials HD are my favorites at the moment.
Edge is very weird to me. I sometimes agree with their reviews, but am sometimes downright baffled at the little hang ups they blow way out of proportion when reviewing certain games. I still subscribe, but I don't particularly trust their scores. I read the text and decide whether or not I feel the reviewer is insane.

For firefight? Probably not. Besides the fact that they didn't build the campaign tech with it in mind, they've moved on from ODST for all intents and purposes. From what I understand, work on ODST was about utilizing spare company resources and filling in a 14 month window. The game has actually been done for months.

I just aaabsolutely love it when online retailers decide to ship on the day of release instead of timing it so that I get the damn thing on the day of release. :/ I mean, why wouldn't I want to play it tonight or all week...

Btw, there's a Premium ODST theme available for free for the moment...
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/033f0002-0000-4000-8000-00004d530877?cid=SLink

I
images
you. ;)

Thanks for the link! I didn't order mine from Amazon till yesterday. So it's not scheduled to go out till next Monday. :( Hopefully I can get my Halo Wars trade-in today so I can apply it to my order.

Tommy McClain

Damn Hunters... broke quite a sweat ;) Then again I'm quite the noob with the controls...

I may pick it up this week although I'm kind of torn on waiting until Black Friday or picking it up now. The problem is I don't have a good internet connection while staying here in Arizona until I get to Guam in December.

Is it worth it for the campaign alone??? or should I wait???

Just beat the campaign on legendary (sorry NRP for ignoring your invite, we were in the middle of a battle and after the battle I completely forgot to message you back :cry:). It was short (~four hours with four people) and easy (Halo 3 on legendary with four people was definitely harder). Overall it was not as good as Halo 3. It just never felt as epic and I definitely missed ole master chief (the ODST crew were not as compelling characters). Having said that, if you liked Halo, you'll probably enjoy this. Same feel, same story arc, slightly different mechanics. What's not to like? :p

I find it harder on single player then Halo 3. Coop has always been a good compensation for any weakness... the non-regenerative health system adds a good bit of tension and you really have to be more careful when you're alone.

I find it harder on single player then Halo 3. Coop has always been a good compensation for any weakness... the non-regenerative health system adds a good bit of tension and you really have to be more careful when you're alone.

Well no sure is more "really" harder than Halo 3 on solo and in Legendary (or since may be I'm increasing my skill), is more Tactic certainly.
The non-regenerative health not really had tension if you take care of the "endurance" like the shield for The Chief, you can easily made some fight like a "Little" Spartan!
After all you a ODST, not a simple marine! :) ;)

Does anyone know if the mythic disk recognises ur halo 3 saved films and custom map/ game variants saved to ur hdd?

Ie if I trade in halo 3 for odst will all my MP content work as before?

I just aaabsolutely love it when online retailers decide to ship on the day of release instead of timing it so that I get the damn thing on the day of release. :/ I mean, why wouldn't I want to play it tonight or all week...

Btw, there's a Premium ODST theme available for free for the moment...
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/033f0002-0000-4000-8000-00004d530877?cid=SLink

Thanks for reminding me ... I had a preorder outstanding for another hotly anticipated game (to get a beta code) that I'd prefer to get from mediamarkt, especially since they tend to have the game the night before and are open each night until 21:00 (and there is one at walking distance here). That preorder is cancelled now. ;)

Back