A new Richard Huddy Interview

I got a slight WTF-moment at 13:18.
I don't think you got WTF since he left you out? :) I think he's refering to the GeForce FX era when in fact quite a few people left NV dev tech (don't know about other departments though). Richard and Kevin (I think he was also in dev tech while at NV?) were the first and then later Sim Dietrich, Mathias Wloka and another engineer who left for Ageia... However after that I don't think anymore actually left?

I don't think you got WTF since he left you out? :) I think he's refering to the GeForce FX era when in fact quite a few people left NV dev tech (don't know about other departments though). Richard and Kevin (I think he was also in dev tech while at NV?) were the first and then later Sim Dietrich, Mathias Wloka and another engineer who left for Ageia... However after that I don't think anymore actually left?

I don't know what era he's talking about when it comes to Nvidia, but he's obviously talking about recent years when he's talking about ATI though. The guy that left for the driver team would be Guennadi, who was my team leader, and he left the team a couple of months before I did. Of course, neither of us left because of job dissatisfaction, so if this churn in the Nvidia team is real he still has a point. If he's talking about Geforce FX era it would seem like an odd comparison. In any case, I may not be the kind of guy that makes a whole lot of noise, but I would've thought his memory would better than this.

It's surprising that half of the time he's talking about NVIDIA, instead of AMD and AMD's products. IMO, that says a lot...

It's really ironic (at best) when someone is doing marketing while complaining about (other companies) marketing.

Hmm not much changes from the start of this thread back in 2004 (second post in) :

Crap!
Only propaganda and no news...

Is it me or did he spoke more about NVIDIA than ATI?! :oops:

heh.

It's a dam shame..... as I always learnt somthing interesting/enjoyed watching Huddy's 'getting every bit you can' optimization presentations from past GDC's.

It's surprising that half of the time he's talking about NVIDIA, instead of AMD and AMD's products. IMO, that says a lot...

He's being asked questions about Nvidia and his time there, and so he's giving direct answers. It would be pretty dull if he simply refused to answer questions like "Why doesn't AMD have a "The way it's meant to be played" programme like Nvidia does".

The interviewer was pretty pushy with a lot of questions that pretty much came down to "Why arn't you as good as Nvidia?", so Huddy had no choice but to talk about the different way Nvidia and AMD view things.

Was this interview live? Didnt look it. Which means alot of questions were probably asked. Some probably weren't even answered. The video is obviously edited. If Huddy didnt' wish to comment on certain questions he didn't have too. I really doubt this was a case of the editor being a pushy bully with his questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Was this interview live? Didnt look it. Which means alot of questions were probably asked. Some probably weren't even answered. The video is obviously edited. If Huddy didnt' wish to comment on certain questions he didn't have too. I really doubt this was a case of the editor being a pushy bully with his questions.

Well he was asked several questions of a similar vein, and he answered them, as opposed to doing the usual weasel-words that most people in his position do. His alternative choice was to refuse to answer any questions that involved what AMD were doing versus what Nvidia was doing, which is some of the more interesting stuff he could comment on. I watched it all the way through, and there was a lot of "Why doesn't AMD do what Nvidia do?" type of question, so it was to be expected.

"We'll thrash them --absolutely thrash them" --Richard Huddy on Larrabee

yep, that's a sig quote.

"We'll thrash them --absolutely thrash them" --Richard Huddy on Larrabee

Yea, AMD said the same about Core2 Quad. You almost think that the harder they yell over at AMD, the less there is to see.
I think Intel has both AMD and nVidia seriously worried.

Back