ELSA hints GT206 and GT212

Don't be so mean! After all, they slightly changed the zoom on the products' picture on their website ;-)

I'm pretty sure that you have to sign up for the "At Least The People Who Print New Boxes Are Happy" program.

310 is OEM only afaik. So you won't see this as a retailcard. But yeah, their naming scheme is just... confusing.

So was G210 - before it consumed the confuser… err…

Last edited by a moderator:
310 is OEM only afaik. So you won't see this as a retailcard. But yeah, their naming scheme is just... confusing.
Really, last nvidia graphic card series where naming made any sense at all was GF8xxx - and I'm talking about the G8x based parts, not G9x. Since then it's nothing but confusing (GT240 vs GTS240? You think they are almost the same?), just marketing ploys (GTX260M etc.), and rebranding just to have some new products (GTS250, GF310, ...).

some rebranding are not so evil, "9800GTX+" sucks as a name.
off course it was all fucked up since the moment they named the 8800GT as such rather than 9800GT straight away.

some rebranding are not so evil, "9800GTX+" sucks as a name.
off course it was all fucked up since the moment they named the 8800GT as such rather than 9800GT straight away.

Yeah, I never understood why the 9800 GTX+ wasn't named 9900 GTX or something like that.

But Nvidia should really drop all the suffixes and prefixes and stick to numbers.

And I thought nv was done was done with it's rebranding shenanigans. Sigh......

If a Certain Someone is to be believed, we might see G92 again as well. And I don't think the 275 Co-Op side entry counts for that.

If a Certain Someone is to be believed, we might see G92 again as well. And I don't think the 275 Co-Op side entry counts for that.

This rebranding crap has gone on for too long now. I just hope redwood and cedar land here pronto and clear out all this relabeled/rebranded BS.

I still don't get why rebranding for the OEM market makes sense. The OEM's themselves obviously won't be fooled and most consumers won't even know the difference so why bother?

I still don't get why rebranding for the OEM market makes sense. The OEM's themselves obviously won't be fooled and most consumers won't even know the difference so why bother?

Consumers will see machines with "GeForce 210" and machines with "GeForce 310". Guess which one they'll pick...

Some of them might even know that Nvidia's current high-end is the GTX 285/295, so they'll figure that this is newer.

consumers will get it as part of their PC, and if game at all, they will be amazed by its speed and quality (it's an order of magnitude upgrade other their previous 9200SE or Intel graphics)

Consumers will see machines with "GeForce 210" and machines with "GeForce 310". Guess which one they'll pick...

Why does Nvidia care if they sell a 210 or 310? It's the same thing to them.

Some of them might even know that Nvidia's current high-end is the GTX 285/295, so they'll figure that this is newer.

Why would they? I didn't assume my mid-range receiver was better than the high-end last generation version because the model number was higher. People aren't morons. It's fair to assume it's better than the last generation version in the equivalent price range though - an assumption that doesn't hold up here.

Why would they? I didn't assume my mid-range receiver was better than the high-end last generation version because the model number was higher. People aren't morons. It's fair to assume it's better than the last generation version in the equivalent price range though - an assumption that doesn't hold up here.

I had a discussion recently with someone that was looking for a PCI FX5200. his old card had died but he wanted the same card back and not some of that new ATI crap.. he had $50 to spend.

But in general, yeah .. the "price" and "looks" of the card would show everyone this isn't in the same class.

Yeah, I never understood why the 9800 GTX+ wasn't named 9900 GTX or something like that.

But Nvidia should really drop all the suffixes and prefixes and stick to numbers.

Nvidia should come out with cards that justify the new numbers, then drop the suffixes and prefixes. Those only come about when a company is floundering without product to sell.

If you don't have the product, spin. Anyone remember probably the most egregious example, the ATI X800XTX-PE? :) That coined the term 'Press Edition', I don't think any were actually sold. at all.

-Charlie

If you don't have the product, spin. Anyone remember probably the most egregious example, the ATI X800XTX-PE? :) That coined the term 'Press Edition', I don't think any were actually sold. at all.

-Charlie

In a mainstreet in Taipei, they were selling them in aluminium suitcases with plexi-glass top. As for me, I just bought the Pro-Vivo and flashed it, saved me $150.

Back