ELSA hints GT206 and GT212

Was that ever confirmed? Well I dont know, but this supposed 216SP 40nm GPU looks like a good replacement for the mid range market.

Officially confirmed... no.... since these companies never talk about unannounced/unreleased products. But the correct specs have been spotted on roadmaps before and even posted on some sites like Hardware Infos. And before you ask... yes those specs on that site are correct.

Heh, things would've been mighty different if it had actually made it to market then. Though Q2 2009 seems mighty aggressive, especially for Nvidia.

Surprisingly, the old roadmap (w/o GT200b/GTX285) is still in the first post:

nvidiaroadmapgt212gt206wz6.jpg

Officially confirmed... no.... since these companies never talk about unannounced/unreleased products. But the correct specs have been spotted on roadmaps before and even posted on some sites like Hardware Infos. And before you ask... yes those specs on that site are correct.

Was this from the same source that gave him the 512b memory, <480mm^2, 2.xb transistor GT300 info, or the other mole that gave him the 1200 shader 'R870', and the amazing R870X2 with faster memory than the vanilla R870?

I can't honestly say which one was funnier, him posting those specs, or Theo 'confirming' them from 'his sources'. Both had me laughing quite hard.

-Chalrie

Local PR confirmed existence of GT212, but he also siad, that GT212 was canceled shortly after this roadmap went public.

The roadmap was old and outdated when it appeared publicly. But that doesn't prove it was wrong since the day 1.

Back