ELSA hints GT206 and GT212

Is it just me, or is that really poor 40nm scaling?

Do not forget that GT216 is 486 million transitors, while G96b was 314 mio.
If the scaling is around the same for G94 to GT215, it should be a bit over 700 million.
This should be over 5.5 mio transistor per square-mm, not good as Evergreen but not bad for GT2xx design.

It's a "meh"

http://forums.slizone.com/index.php?showtopic=39989

The F34R Channel: Nvidia & EVGA to release GTX275 (graphics) + GTS250 (PhysX) on 1 card, single PCB on 10-30-09
From our understanding, NVIO2 chip is connected to GTX 275, while GTS 250 cannot display an image at all. The sole purpose of GTS 250 is to be used for PhysX effects - during regular day in Windows, the G92b GPU sits in idle mode and consumers moderate amount of power. The chip is only powered up when PhysX gets into overdrive. Do note that the data mentioned above is our estimate."

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, Nvidia really is going buck-wild with this physics thing. Pretty optimistic to sell hardware that's only useful for a single good game though :eek:

And they can finally beat the cuda/physx balloon drum harder than ever. with physx on, they'll finally be able to beat a 5870. :)
You don't need separate g92 chip for that, the single-threaded cpu implementation of physx makes sure it's slow enough that a single gt200 doing both physx and graphics is always faster :).
That said, if true that's really a strange card. I think the price premium such a combo is going to have won't really be justifiable however.

Now you have to wonder if these are the GPU's that failed to qualify as Keychain stock :p
Those G98s achieve an amazing 0% yield afaik, so I don't think even they would have been cynical enough to sell it as a PhysX accelerator :)

Is it possible that it is GT200 inventory they've got too much of rather than G92 inventory? They're still going to (have to) sell some G92s for some time, so it'd be strange if they felt they had to get rid of them in a hurry.

@Arun GT240 desktop (OEM) was originally supposed to be a G92, but now it's all 40nm, so I would assume that G92 is getting EOLed, GT200 stocks are the one to clear (but not that much either) and the 40nm parts live on.

Which was completely free to design?
Someone invested money in this.. this.. horror...

Someone invested money into designing full GT200 295 cards as well with 1 gig of memory and all the ROPS. So what? I think you guys overestimate how much something like this takes to build.

It's a neat little gadget. Some people may even like the concept. It just is really wierd how you all are making a big deal out of this.

Back