ELSA hints GT206 and GT212

Meaning in other words that a GT200b@55nm wouldn't be the wisest move to make after all.
So why is it shipping, and why are they actively seeking to sell it to consumers after another tweak?

what about G92b With 192 SP with high clock shader domain and 256bit bus and GDDR5 ?
what is the possibility of such chip from the cost and performance agianst Radeon HD 48xx ?

Yes. And it's shipping in products right now, unless I'm mistaken.
Thanks for the info! Do you know whether they replace existing GT200 chips in GTX280/260 cards "silently" or are they shipping as new products (like 9800GTX+)?

what about G92b With 192 SP with high clock shader domain and 256bit bus and GDDR5 ?
what is the possibility of such chip from the cost and performance agianst Radeon HD 48xx ?
Such a hypothetical chip could offer similar perf/mm2 ratio as RV770. However it would be based on G200 (has a higher physical ALU:TEX ratio) rather than G92.
Yes. And it's shipping in products right now, unless I'm mistaken.
I'd very much like to see the proof of that. There should be some letters and numbers on the IHS indicating a newer revision. I don't expect anyone to pry the IHS off, but a little power consumption comparison would be nice.

I'd very much like to see the proof of that. There should be some letters and numbers on the IHS indicating a newer revision. I don't expect anyone to pry the IHS off, but a little power consumption comparison would be nice.

You'd better ask some people with a GTX 260 Core 216 to pry the IHS off. You probably have the best chance to find a 55nm GT200 on these cards.

They're the newest in the lineup, which to some extent eliminates the chance of coming across old stock. Not that I believe you that G200b is actually shipping :nope:

Maybe what he means is that the 55nm G200s are being shipped and stock piled around the world for a hard launch sometime this month.
Nope, I mean they're shipping now to customers. Of course, I might be horribly wrong, but I've started to care again about getting this stuff right :devilish:

Nope, I mean they're shipping now to customers. Of course, I might be horribly wrong, but I've started to care again about getting this stuff right :devilish:

If so, you'd expect those cores to be spotted all over, no?
At least I haven't seen any reports of such

If Nvidia wasnt mentioning it. I doubt alot of people would be looking for it. I honestly dont know. Nvidia hasnt said a single thing to me about 55 NM GT200 cards so I have assumed they were still .65NM.

That's because you're looking in the wrong places. We're going round in circles now....how about speculation as to why it's not shown up where you think I mean it has? :p

The all knowing Rys said:
That's because you're looking in the wrong places. We're going round in circles now....how about speculation as to why it's not shown up where you think I mean it has?

You're evil, but I'll take a shot.

Perhaps they aren't transitioning consumer cards first (Telsa?). As to why it would show up there first, I don't know. I guess they don't plan to change their Telsa line at all so it might be easier to start transitioning there.

"Customers". As in major OEM graphic card customers, right ? Or Tesla OEM's, of course. ;)

Back