The B3D (American) Football Discussion

I thought that this topic would be about a sport that is played with one's feet. Curses! foiled again.

Well Giants certainly scored 9 out of their 16 points by kicking the ball, with feet and all that.

Real football (AKA Soccer): One of the world's most popular sports played and watched by hundreds of millions of people around the globe.

American Football (AKA Rugby Lite): Popular in America.

'Nuff said really. :p

The colts looked sick, the bears won handily, but looked poor as well. I turned off that game b/c it was boring to watch mediocrity take on mediocrity.

Real football (AKA Soccer): One of the world's most popular sports played and watched by hundreds of millions of people around the globe.

American Football (AKA Rugby Lite): Popular in America.

'Nuff said really. :p

That wasn't as humorous as the first post b/c it is inherently true.

The first post was grossly inaccurate laden with opinion, but stated as fact rather tongue in cheek.

The colts looked sick, the bears won handily, but looked poor as well. I turned off that game b/c it was boring to watch mediocrity take on mediocrity.
F-you! I thought the Bears looked fantastic last night. :cool:

Anyways, it's one in the win column at least. ;)

Any thoughts on the fallout after week 2?

Lots of points going up on the board, that's for sure.

Oh yeah, GO NINERS!

Offensive lines are the story this year to me. Two great teams are crumbling because of a lack of protection. I am of course speaking of the Colts and the Jags. Manning might be the best quarterback to ever play the game but you can't throw the ball if you have no protection and to add on that still hurt. Then the Jags... well just a bad start to the year for those guys. Garrard is a decent quarterback but only if he is given the time and not pressed... and he's not getting time and he's being pressed.

It's great to see Rodgers playing so well. I really do think he's the future of the Packers. A well rounded quarterback who had years to train under the best. It's a great combination and I strongly believe it'll work out.

Denver is looking strong. Even if part (not all, SD suffers from poor coaching, should have kept Marty...) of their win was a bad call. Cutler is developing into the QB everyone wanted.

Even though the Eagles lost to Dallas last night I think we saw the two best teams in the NFL play in week 2.

And the Giants... they're tough. I don't want to even guess about the team though, I just feel they could win every game of the year but also get destroyed...

Still predicting at least 10 wins for NE! Even without Brady the team is just too good and the coach is too smart.

Offensive lines are the story this year to me. Two great teams are crumbling because of a lack of protection. I am of course speaking of the Colts and the Jags. Manning might be the best quarterback to ever play the game but you can't throw the ball if you have no protection and to add on that still hurt. Then the Jags... well just a bad start to the year for those guys. Garrard is a decent quarterback but only if he is given the time and not pressed... and he's not getting time and he's being pressed.

Absolutely agreed. It was maddening during the Niners-Seahawks game watching J.T. O'Sullivan under pressure after virtually every snap. I'm very impressed they managed to win the game given this fact.

It's great to see Rodgers playing so well. I really do think he's the future of the Packers. A well rounded quarterback who had years to train under the best. It's a great combination and I strongly believe it'll work out.

He is definitely playing well, but the case could be made that his supporting cast has a large role in his initial success. I don't doubt that he'll continue to do well, but I don't think he's the next Bret Favre either ;)

Denver is looking strong. Even if part (not all, SD suffers from poor coaching, should have kept Marty...) of their win was a bad call. Cutler is developing into the QB everyone wanted.

Denver's a bit of a surprise for me. SD is just another perennial also-ran. Every year a significant portion of the football press predicts this will be SD's year and every year they're wrong.

Even though the Eagles lost to Dallas last night I think we saw the two best teams in the NFL play in week 2.

You may be right there. I wouldn't write the AFC out of the picture altogether yet though. A little too early for that, IMHO.

And the Giants... they're tough. I don't want to even guess about the team though, I just feel they could win every game of the year but also get destroyed...

I don't think they have a chance of repeating as champs this year. No Umenyiora or Strahan means no pressure from the D-line. Hard to win games when you can't pressure the opposing QB.

Still predicting at least 10 wins for NE! Even without Brady the team is just too good and the coach is too smart.

I'm surprised NE is playing as well as they are without Brady, but I guess I shouldn't be. That team is a juggernaut no matter who's at the helm, apparently.

I'm surprised NE is playing as well as they are without Brady, but I guess I shouldn't be. That team is a juggernaut no matter who's at the helm, apparently.

I am not surprised at all. But then I always felt Brady was over rated as his team was superb and he was only good.

I am not surprised at all. But then I always felt Brady was over rated as his team was superb and he was only good.

I think the only way to determine that for sure would be to see Brady play for a different team, but you may be right.

Back