Ninja Blade (From Software)

From Software has some ground to make up, after mishandling Chromehounds online, producing the decidedly average-to-poor Armored Core 4... Enchanted Arms was OK, I suppose, but I've been a bit bummed with them of late.

It certainly looks like they're planning on chasing Otogi's tail with this, though.

1UP

In the additional footage from today's event, Takeuchi showed a continuation of the trailer in which the hero dives from the aforementioned airplane, slashing up monsters, and crashing into the ground, only to continue the battle in what was clearly real-time gameplay. To be honest, it was hard to tell where the cutscene ended and the action began, but we kind of get the feeling that was the whole point. If the entire game plays that way uninterrupted, it really could make for an intense experience. The game's graphics, lighting, and effects were stunning, and Takeuchi promises they have more tricks up their sleeves

The game will also feature lead character design by Lost Planet designer Keiji Nakaoka, a soundtrack by Norihiko Hibino of Metal Gear Solid fame, and storyboards and animation support from Production I.G.

Ninja Blade is due out in early 2009. Thankfully, Ninja Blade will be playable at next month's Tokyo Game Show, so we can see for ourselves whether it delivers on its promises.

and storyboards and animation support from Production I.G.
great, great , great news!, studio ig produced great anime titles like Patlabor 2, Ghost in the Shell, Evangelion: Death and Rebirth, FLCL, Ghost in the Shell series & their visual game design credits include Star Ocean, Xenogears and valkyre Profile 2.

Hopefully, it'll be a next-gen Otogi.
ninja blade is being handled by the Enchanted Arms team, iirc otogi team is currently working on the tenchu 4 for wii. imho (from the limited media that has been released) ninja blade looks like it's going to be along the lines of a cinematic ninja gaiden.

why not for PS3?
I d like to try that if its good
as said before, it's ms funded project. from software's previously announced ps3 projects(Black Blade & Dark RPG) has been cancelled.

Last edited by a moderator:
Black Blade....Ninja Blade.....could it possibly be the same game that got canceled and went exclusive for the 360?

I wish they didnt cancel them

ninja blade is being handled by the Enchanted Arms team, iirc otogi team is currently working on the tenchu 4 for wii.

as said before, it's ms funded project. from software's previously announced ps3 projects(Black Blade & Dark RPG) has been cancelled.

Where does it say the Enchanted Arms team is doing Ninja Blade as well as it being a MS funded project?

A QTE-fest of which I am not a fan. I think it crossed the line between being a game and an interactive cut-scene by quite a distance...

That sucks. I don't mind QTE if it is used at the right time, like RE4 and the God of War games, but I'm not a big fan of Dragon's Lair-esque games.

A QTE-fest of which I am not a fan. I think it crossed the line between being a game and an interactive cut-scene by quite a distance...

Endure!
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

I honestly think there was a QTE just for leaving the start screen. It's ridiculous how many QTE's were in this demo.

So basically this is like a weaksauce Ninja Gaiden lite? with more ridiculous characters?
(the main character looks incredibly silly)
159.jpg

And aren't From Software the ones behind the critically panned Tenchu series?

Last edited by a moderator:
Played the demo and am disappointed. Half of the action are QTEs also the game is 30fps not 60 like NG/NGII. The graphics are nice though, a shame really.

So basically this is like a weaksauce Ninja Gaiden lite? with more ridiculous characters?
(the main character looks incredibly silly)
159.jpg

And aren't From Software the ones behind the critically panned Tenchu series?

Also behind a lot of fan favorites, like Otogi or Chromehounds, so there was hope. Also, it seems that Demon Souls is pretty fun. This one is sorta inexplicable.

Back