Kameo and Perfect Dark: Zero worth a playthough?

RobertR1

Pro
Legend
With the current 25% off coupoun from Gamestop + 10% for my Edge card these 2 should be dirt cheap. Are they worth getting for a play through over the weekend?

Kameo has always looked quite pretty when used as demo's for TV's in Fry's so that's one reason for sure :)

Kameo is actually a pretty fun little game - not at all even bad looking (given when it came out) - totally worth a try

PD:Zero on the other hand is garbage

Jack

Just re-started kameo after finishing it when it first came out. At the time I just had a normal tv, but playing it now on a 42" plasma I'm stunned as to how good it looks and all the little details I missed first time round. Not the longest/hardest game but so many lovely touches and definitely worth picking up.

Agreed on Kameo being decent but the core gameplay just didn't tickle my fancy - the idea of switching characters like that, while they all were kind of useless, put me off after a few hours so I stopped playing.

Get Kameo for cheap and something else...I imagine PGR4 is cheap as hell considering how overlooked it is.

Looks like I'll get Kameo for sure.

I had PGR4 actually and traded it in when it was still worth something. It's a great looking game but I found the gameplay to not be very fun, esp after spending many hours on Forza2.

Not this day and age, with the plethora of better games.

PDZ is just plain bad, it was bearable because of co-op, but just barely.

Kameo I just recently tried to play again. I did about 90 minutes and had no fun. Maybe it picks up, but the story was as bad as my four year old's Barbie fairy DVDs and the game play was not much better.

Kameo is 10 bucks used. No reason not to own it. PDZ isn't that bad. If you have a friend to play with it can be fun. Otherwise there are other games to pick up. If you can get pdz for under 10 bucks its not a bad pick up

Kameo is a neat, gorgeous looking title, but PDZ is a poorly designed game that's occassionally nice to look at.
Buy Kameo, avoid PDZ unless it's under 20 dollars.

PD:Z has a very wierd controller input acceleration thingy, which makes aiming ridiculusly hard compared to say CoD4. Its not a particularly good game to begin with, and having bad controls doesn't help. Kameo might be worth a go.

Yeah we all know Kameo is nice and fun, com'on guys...show PDZ some love too. I actually enjoyed it. With PDZ, I have actually put in more hours than COD4. :oops:

Though I wouldn't buy it unless it's under $10. :)

I liked Kameo a lot but then again I also loved Starfox adventures on gamecube so maybe I'm just weird that way. PDZ then again isn't that good, it has one niceish disco scene but then it's all downhill from there. On graphics front it has some ok effects but it lacks the art direction to make it actually look good. Enemy character models are particularly bad, even compared to some xbox1 games like halo 2 that were out at the time. Gameplay is meh but I never liked stealth action games, except Beyond good and evil which I just loved...

Don't know about Kameo, but PDZ is one of the worst FPS I've ever played. The controls are crap and I'm being polite...

Recently picked up Kameo from a used games store and am really liking it. The sound and art direction are particularly lovely and it also has a number of fairly impressive looking effects, considering its pimped-last-gen-game roots. Gameplay is nothing spectacular, but fun and kinda unique, at least on the 360.

Don't know about PDZ, I thought the demo was rather weak, so I never picked it up...

Yeah we all know Kameo is nice and fun, com'on guys...show PDZ some love too. I actually enjoyed it. With PDZ, I have actually put in more hours than COD4. :oops:

Though I wouldn't buy it unless it's under $10. :)

No No love!

:)

I'm willing to bet you put more time in with PD:Z specifically because when it came out - there was NOTHING else to play after you beat Cod2

:) :) :D

Jack

Kameo is one of my favourite games on the console. The graphics are amazing for a launch title, the gameplay is interesting, and it's just plain fun.

The worst part of the game is that it drops you right into the middle of the action at the beginning, and most of the people I know who tried it, gave up before the first scene ended because it was too hard.

Back