Sequels that should have happened?

Colonel

Newcomer
Are there any games out there from your past game systems you would like to see a sequel to? Mine would be Beetle Adventure Racing even though it would not be made by the same developer and EA would have to get the license again for the Beetle I think in the right hands it would be a blast. Also I think we need a great wrestling game like we had on the 64, oh and we need a new pilotwings. Thats all I can think of for now.

Dungeon Keeper 3 (was planned, but got canned)
Battlezone 3 - good Action/RTS hybrids are nowhere to be found :cry:
Legacy of Kain Series.

oh, and I agree on NOLF 3, I someday need to take the time to finish NOLF 2, the slow pacing of the story kept me from finishing it the first time.

Let's see how long we can go without mentioning Shenm-...... SHENMUE 3.

Also, I second the vote on Dungeon Keeper 3. Man would I love to see that happen.

A true sequel to Baldur's Gate 2 would be nice too. Instead of that Dragon Age, no matter how "good" it looks.

I owned SHENMUE 1 never really got into it and I seen at gamestop years ago they had a import copy of Shenmue 2 from europe and so I bought thinking it maybe better than the first and it was I thought also had to buy one of those disks that let you play imports on your dreamcast. I would still have both and planed to beat both had they not got stole from me.

Not so much a sequel, but rather a remake of the old Lucas Arts Star Wars DOS classics (X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Dark Forces). Heck, even just an update to run on XP/Vista would be fine with me. Would be nice to play these games again in a new engine, though.

Panzer Dragoon Saga.

The shooting versions (PDS, PDS Zweii and PDS Orta) were ok, but Saga was awesome.

Also Grandia II and Skies of Arcadia.

Proper good quality sequel to original elite(with online gaming) and not those buggy piles of crap. Sequel to amiga game super frog which is the platform game of all times.

Agree with Shenmue, Legacy of Kain, and Panzer Dragoon Saga.

I'd like a sequel to Burning Rangers, I used to imagine it as this great online co-op game (back when I heard the DC would be an online console).

Also "Brave: the search for Spirit Dancer" was good I'd like to have seen a full sequel.

Edit: Oh! And a real requel to Zombies ate my neighbours

Last edited by a moderator:
Final Fantasy should have had a sequel. Why didn't they ever make a sequel to Final Fantasy ... Maybe because it was the final one?

As a huge fan of stealth genre, I would love to see Thief 4. I don't hope for a new entry at this point, but rumor says that Eidos Montreal are working on it... That'd be interesting, but I don't expect anything.

Oh and Splinter Cell Conviction should have happened a long time ago. :p This and Alan Wake seem like games that are always on horizon, but far far away without any sign of coming closer to release.

strider, forgotten worlds, shinobi, alex kidd, gunvalkyrie, gunstar heroes, earthworm jim, killer instinct, battletoads, ultima, karateka, dungeaon master, shadow of the beast, bloodmoney, sword of sodan, fighting vipers...

A new X-com game would be sooo nice. And rumors indicate that the Bioshock guys might be working on it!

A proper sequel to Shadowrun on the SNES.
I was so excited when MS announced a shadowrun game for 360, until i found out it was another bloody FPS :mad:

Also a straight sequel or remake of Secret of Mana would be great!

A proper sequel to Shadowrun on the SNES.
I was so excited when MS announced a shadowrun game for 360, until i found out it was another bloody FPS :mad:

Also a straight sequel or remake of Secret of Mana would be great!

Fantastic choices. I forgot about shadowrun for SNES. I really enjoyed that game.

strider, forgotten worlds, shinobi, alex kidd, gunvalkyrie, gunstar heroes, earthworm jim, killer instinct, battletoads, ultima, karateka, dungeaon master, shadow of the beast, bloodmoney, sword of sodan, fighting vipers...

Earthworm Jim has had a number of sequels. Killer Instinct also had a sequel on the N64.

Back