[360] Alan Wake - Still awake

The game is undergoing a pretty aggressive smear campaign right now on just about every site that's hosting media. I'm a huge fan of the Max Payne games, so I'm pretty much picking this one up on day one, just because I like what I've seen and Remedy hasn't failed me yet. The game should do pretty well, unless reviews are negative. I don't think it'll be a massive seller, especially in an oddly busy month.

The game is undergoing a pretty aggressive smear campaign right now on just about every site that's hosting media. I'm a huge fan of the Max Payne games, so I'm pretty much picking this one up on day one, just because I like what I've seen and Remedy hasn't failed me yet. The game should do pretty well, unless reviews are negative. I don't think it'll be a massive seller, especially in an oddly busy month.
Yeah I know what you mean, its like Alan Wake everywhere.

That's a damn shame and bizarre too. I'm hugely excited by everything I've but, then again, I've been keen on the concept from the start. Actually, I was mildly disappointed by the light/fight mechanic as I hadn't seen that before.

Still, LE ordered for day one. It'll be the only LE I own!

First Game Add-on for “Alan Wake” Included with All New Purchases

For “Alan Wake” fans looking forward to spending some extra quality time in Bright Falls, they can extend their stay in the eerie small town set in the Pacific Northwest. Included with every new purchase of the standard or limited collector’s editions of “Alan Wake,” fans will score a token code card to download the title’s first Game Add-on at no cost only on Xbox LIVE when it becomes available later this year.

G4 Roundtable Impressions

Sterling: Going into the first chapter of the game blind, I had no idea what to expect beyond a supernatural bent. I'm glad that's how I experienced it. Because frankly, it scared the crap out of me. I honestly can't remember the last time I've been this weirded out by a game. Perhaps Dead Space? So far, Remedy has done an amazing job with juxtaposing beautiful environments and soothing calm with a great deal of tension. I found myself constantly stressing over what might be around the corner, and what might be coming to hunt me down.

Tech trailer:

http://www.gamepro.de/index.cfm?pid=386&pk=2328

Launch trailer:

I finally preordered my copy as well. Looking forward to it. I never lost faith in Remedy! :) although I personally would have liked 720p resolution. 540p is a bit too little for my projector, but luckily it should still look great on my LCD. Only few more weeks. Perhaps I should get Heavy Rain to pass the time in quality fashion until May 18th.

I pre-ordered my copy, and also managed to snag up a nice keychain flashlight that says "Alan Wake" on it. Very snazzy!

They are just speculating. We won't know until we see the reviews.
actually Pelaaja finland is a very repuable reviewer. They requested Metacritic to mark off their site from meta for some reasons. MARC@meta is the one who informed me of that . Pelaajati is giving you his opinion based on playing the full game though.Normally Pelaaja's reviews fall in line with Gamereactor and other european sites. Besides, the previews of Alan wake have been quite rosy but most among irrelevant sites like examiner and what not. It did get positive previews from IGN too. so we will certainly see

I've rarely ever seen a negative preview & its seldom that big budget exclusives get anything less than a 9 these days.

I've read that the facial animation improvements will be linked to the dlc :|
someone can confirm?

I've read that the facial animation improvements will be linked to the dlc :|
someone can confirm?

Dont know but i heard the first Dlc will be free for everybody who buys the game new. So yeah the dlc could act like a patch for the game.

I like this anti trade in incentive Ea started and other are now copying.

I've rarely ever seen a negative preview & its seldom that big budget exclusives get anything less than a 9 these days.

did SC conviction get a 9 from all sites?? did Halo ODST get a 9? did Heavy rain get a 9 from all sites? If you look at AW's previews they are good from small sites which are not listed at meta. g4tv,ign have been positive . Eurogamer has been cautious . Heavy Rain got a 4 from one site and 10 from others too. Expect the same for AW if not worse.
Lot of fanboy websites could also duck off points for the game being subHD. We still dont know exactly hows the game gonna look like on a 720p tv . I asked al,quaz51 many times to clarify me on this . they havent still responded

Ok I found the original text, the journalist wanted some more click with a sensationalistic article, or was too much idiot to translate it well.
The next dlc will simply update a little the engine... :/

Thanks that this forum exists, this is the only place you can go to to discuss the actual game without witnessing a flamewar:p

The only thing I am "scared" about when it comes to this game is if it has unreadable/hard text on SDTV

Back