[360] Alan Wake - Still awake

Impressive, their lighting really nails that "dusty" look, the sort of light you get in a dusty environment.
Not so much impressed with the animations though didn't looked as state of art as the visuals themselves.

Impressive, their lighting really nails that "dusty" look, the sort of light you get in a dusty environment.
Not so much impressed with the animations though didn't looked as state of art as the visuals themselves.

I thought some of the movement animation (walking, running, etc) was fairly well done though I didnt really pay close attention.

For whatever reason I cant get the link to the site to work anymore.

I thought some of the movement animation (walking, running, etc) was fairly well done though I didnt really pay close attention.

For whatever reason I cant get the link to the site to work anymore.

YouTubed in English!

Again, it looks fantastic! I am guessing that the intro video flying over the mountain range is an FMV? If that is indeed the case then it doesn't seem like much extra processing was added to those sequences as you can see a fair amount of LOD on the trees as the camera swoops over the mountains.

For one the running animation (2:12) & the part where he scales that wooden barrier (3:13) looked quite awkward. There's nothing much to point out though cause there was not much shown in the video in the first place....its basically just the tutorial level I guess.
I am guessing that the intro video flying over the mountain range is an FMV? If that is indeed the case then it doesn't seem like much extra processing was added to those sequences as you can see a fair amount of LOD on the trees as the camera swoops over the mountains.
Remedy mentioned that all cutscenes in the game are FMVs rendered within the game engine with higher assets/Post process, this also allows them to switch areas or pan the camera to a far off area in an instant without having to worry about unloaded textures in those places.

The thing I hate the most that these days almost every other game thinks its cool to have letterbox resolution for cutscene.
Why ? I don't know..I'm no fan of them :???:

The thing I hate the most that these days almost every other game thinks its cool to have letterbox resolution for cutscene.
Why ? I don't know..I'm no fan of them :???:

It saves a lot of rendering load so other details can be cranked up for the letterboxed realtime cutscenes, and it saves disk space for the pre-rendered cutscenes. I guess it started out as a cinematic idea, but it has pragmatic uses now as well.

The lighting is amazing. It seems to me however that the cutscene is quite better than the playable sequence.
My only grip concerns some of the animations (half of them look natural, the other half stiff) and the characters' modeling.
Superb overall (I'm waiting to see more impressive areas), and Remedy NAILED the atmosphere ! :cool:

Has my CE pre-ordered, a horror thriller in the vein of Stephen King's twisted thoughts and amazing graphics, a must have this gen.

I can't believe you guys are watching all these spoiler vids. It's certain to be a short game. Don't spoil any of it!

Yeah, critical it is...but I had to check some gameplay scenes to 100% verify that I like the gameplay (which I do), so that I am sure that it is justified to purchase it at day 1!!

The lighting is absolutely phenomenal. I want this for PC really but it'll have to be a double dip because I'll get the 360 version first. :)

The lighting is very well worked; well directed too for atmosphere. As for the atmospherics, have they just gone to town with XB360's alpha fillrate and zillions of polygon particles?

Back