[360] Alan Wake - Still awake

New preview came,i would not post it but i found some interesting things...they did mention engine and the games visuals,and well i feared that would be the case...

I was definitely suspicious about textures,especially at day time. :cry:

"One of the biggest concerns and complaints about Alan Wake when the game was unveiled for the first time at E3 2009 was the graphic level, and the technology has undoubtedly suffered because of the long development time. Some textures and three-dimensional objects in the environment is poor detail compared to what we have experienced in recent years top games "

Link

No more suspense, Alan Wake astonished us from its production to the atmosphere that's been created, but above and beyond all, its technical mastery. Remedy used to be known for its top-notch rendering engines, and they prove again they are worthy of their fame. To be clear, none of the existing Xbox 360 games even compares to it, and even on PS3, which have more real exclusive titles, it's hard to find an equivalent. Killzone 2, Uncharted 2, Crysis, these are the few games which can compete with it. Whether it's the real-time projected shadows produced by the essential flashlight (those were obviously missing in Condemned 1 & 2), the total absence of aliasing (720p 4x FSAA), the breathtaking realistic lighting effects, the huge size of certain levels, SSAO, the atmospheric effects, the humongous size of some moving objects, the vegetation which interacts with characters and wind, or the largely satisfying framerate (with a light tearing that should disappear in the retail version) and many other physical and graphical effects, Alan Wake never ceases to amaze you with relative ease.
whoa :oops:

New preview came,i would not post it but i found some interesting things...they did mention engine and the games visuals,and well i feared that would be the case...

I was definitely suspicious about textures,especially at day time. :cry:

"One of the biggest concerns and complaints about Alan Wake when the game was unveiled for the first time at E3 2009 was the graphic level, and the technology has undoubtedly suffered because of the long development time. Some textures and three-dimensional objects in the environment is poor detail compared to what we have experienced in recent years top games "

Link
They must be playing a totally different game.

They must be playing a totally different game.

Yea...maybe older build?Even though i doubt that.For example i read on their official forum that facial animation are place holders and company that worked on it send them back finished stuff...so maybe they are still polishing game,but doubt that they will do something special about textures IF this guy played latest build.

Ill guess we will have to wait for retail version...somehow i doubt Remedy would mess up with textures,considering that Max Payne 2 looked phenomenal back in the day and it still looks great,6 yrs later,especially textures...

Link

New video,Remedy studios tour,its in deutsch but there is some short but sweet footage,in day time.

*it seems that link does not work in Mozilla

LINK

gorgeous.

I hope there are multiple endings so it warrants a couple of play-throughs

this and Red Dead Redemption on same day? :D oh my.

Ruskie said:

This is laughable... game looks phenomenal .

Yeah, day 1 purchase for me. It's going to be tough with Red Dead Redemption out on the same day. But I'll make time for both of them!

The visuals look really slick.

oh my... looks phenomenal..... wonder how I'm gonna handle this with RDR in my hands? :D

My guess is I'll play this first as the story seems like it will immerse you deeply until complete

I've been so excited for this game, the wait is seriously killing me, lol.

Did I hear Joe Pesci in that video btw? I swear I heard him and James Woods...

This will be awesome. It'll certainly be one of those non interrupted games where I don't touch anything else until completing this.

Back