Final Fantasy XIII [PS3, X360]

Edge did go from hero to zero pretty rapidly when they changed the team. Now its all about biased reviews and personal vanity. Its a shame really, I used to look forward to the new copy of Edge but now its become the gutter press there is nothing out there to replace it.

Each his own. Edge is pretty much the only mag I care about for actual review numbers. The rest like to work on a 7-10 scale coupled with guaranteed bonuses for franchise history and fan hype.

Point proven! Even with all its flaws, at the time Final Fantasy X was not a '6' game. Then again i stopped caring about what Edge write after they changed the whole team, a few years ago.

I love FFX but I think the english version really is a 6. Deeply flawed game saved by the setting and the japanese voice cast.

What happened to the world map really? I found it the best thing in the old RPG's, I enjoyed FFX but I was disappointed that they gave it up. It really gives you an immersion that its an epic journey. Oh well gona buy this anyway but I hope they learn from this. FF has always been about exploration so I don't understand why they pretty much completely got rid of it.

What's wrong with Dragon Age from their perspective ? I thought people like that game ?
Edge gave Demon's Souls a 9. So they may like action RPG better ?

Truth to be told, the FFXIII demo is indeed rather boring thanks to a half-completed combat system, repeated level, zero story, and over-powered player characters. The final game will need to have a refined combat system and a good story to standout. I think the story kinda unfolds as you get chased through the first part of the game. Some may not have the appetite to sit through the build up, especially if you're not into the combat system.

Do any games have videos encoded in AVC on xbox360?
As it is kind of a Sony (and Panasonic) format, and I think even HD-DVD was careful not to use it because of the rivalry, I'd think AVC is a no-no in xbox360.
I think the main reason for the slightly inferior xb360 port is simply lack of time.
It's good enough anyway.

I'm just pissed of what FFXIII could/would have been if it had remained PS3 exclusive. The whole game sound like an extremely prolonged introductory chapter from previous FF's. Hopefully I'm proven wrong when I get the game and some playtime with it, but I know I'm going to miss the freedom and sense of adventure and journey.

MPEG-4 AVC/h.264 is an open standard that used the patents of many companies and organization including Microsoft(which owns far more patents in the AVC licensing pool than Sony). You also incorrect in stating that HD DVD avoiding AVC, in fact both blu-ray and HD DVD require support of AVC, VC-1 and MPEG-2.

I do believe that Darksiders was a game that used in AVC for the Xbox 360 version (ironically the PS3 apparently used Bink).

Picked up this morning and really like it (PS3). Cutscenes look absolutely gorgeous! GFX are really really nice! Still on the 1st chapter but they are of a very high standard, and so far are nice and smooth. Characters looks fabulous, facial work looks great, especially the black chap. On a good 5.1 system the audio is up there with teh best in terms of clarity.

I know it's never been what you would call stable in the 3D era for Final Fantasy, but how does the framerate hold up this time, particularly for the PS3 version which I will be buying?

I know it's never been what you would call stable in the 3D era for Final Fantasy, but how does the framerate hold up this time, particularly for the PS3 version which I will be buying?

So far for me its absolutely rock solid! One thing i didn`t mention was how good the overall image quality is on the PS3 version! V.impressive.

OK help a man decide here, the range of scores this game is getting is a bit confusing - from perfect 10's to 5 out of 10??

So, i'll keep things simple. I loved FF7. I loved FFX. I didn't love FF12. Do i get FF13?

OK help a man decide here, the range of scores this game is getting is a bit confusing - from perfect 10's to 5 out of 10??

So, i'll keep things simple. I loved FF7. I loved FFX. I didn't love FF12. Do i get FF13?

Because you didn't the love the greatness known as FF12 I hereby ban you from all Final Fantasy's from hence for! :p Including any remakes of your favorites.

Seriously though, what elements of 7 and 10 did you like, and what elements of 12 did you not like? That will help someone offer a better suggestion.

Because you didn't the love the greatness known as FF12 I hereby ban you from all Final Fantasy's from hence for! :p Including any remakes of your favorites.

:LOL: Sowwee!! I just found it so... boring!

Seriously though, what elements of 7 and 10 did you like, and what elements of 12 did you not like? That will help someone offer a better suggestion.

Well it's all a bit of a blur now.
Let me think about it...
FF7 i loved because it was just epic and relatively easy considering it was my first RPG ever. I actually wanted to see the end, and i played it for hundreds of hours.
FF10 i found pretty similar to FF7, loved the story and the characters, the combat was easy and i just wanted to keep playing it until i was so maxed out every hit was a 99999 damage (or something like that). Again, i wanted to see how it ended. I must have put at least 120 hours into the game.
Now FF12... didn't like the combat, didn't care for the story, the characters, didn't want to see how it ended, and in fact i never did. It was all too 'real' compared to FF10 and i like silly cheap fantasy that makes no sense, like in FF10!! :LOL:

Well it's all a bit of a blur now.
Let me think about it...
FF7 i loved because it was just epic and relatively easy considering it was my first RPG ever. I actually wanted to see the end, and i played it for hundreds of hours.
FF10 i found pretty similar to FF7, loved the story and the characters, the combat was easy and i just wanted to keep playing it until i was so maxed out every hit was a 99999 damage (or something like that). Again, i wanted to see how it ended. I must have put at least 120 hours into the game.
Now FF12... didn't like the combat, didn't care for the story, the characters, didn't want to see how it ended, and in fact i never did. It was all too 'real' compared to FF10 and i like silly cheap fantasy that makes no sense, like in FF10!! :LOL:

Oh, I see. Then it sounds like 13 may be to your liking. Based on the demo, it played (combat wise and story wise) closer to X then to 12. I'll have my copy today and I can give a better answer later.

On a side note, it was 12's relatively "grounded" nature (for lack of a better word) that I loved about it (along with the small details they packed in, and the FF11 style combat). Then again I also really enjoyed 7 because of its epic feel. I'm easily pleased, it seems. :D

Back