Vista SP1 & UAC Quiet mode?

Kaotik

Drunk Member
Legend
Supporter
I've been holding off on installing SP1 due the fact that I like to keep UAC on, but in "Quiet mode" (as described in TweakUAC)
When SP1 got out, I heard reports that TweakUAC doesn't work anymore with it, that there's no way to enable Quiet mode with SP1 installed using that tool

Anyone know if this (still) holds true, and if it does, is there alternative (=manual reg editing?) way to put it in "quiet mode" while still having it running?

As far as Ultimate SP1 goes you can still use the Local Security Policies manager to change UAC settings. This only works in Ultimate though.

As far as Ultimate SP1 goes you can still use the Local Security Policies manager to change UAC settings. This only works in Ultimate though.

Lucky me since I got Ultimate :cool:
What exactly do I need to change there?

Works under Vista Business as well. I'd guess it probably is just the Home versions where it might not work. (You can probably still just edit the registry)

So copying my current settings there should do the trick then?
Do you know wether installing the SP1 finally (which I'm about 1 click away atm) resets the settings or do they stay the way they're set at the moment?

To answer myself, it seems the settings stick (even though I had only used the TweakUAC to set 'em)

Back