All on a Whim

linthat22

Regular
I know it's been awhile since I've been around here, but many thing's have been happening in my life.

Back around probably January my wife nonchalantly said, "my job is moving to Michigan and my supervisor said that she would really like it if I could transfer up." So I looked over at her and asked if it was something that she'd like to do and when she said yes, I said, "lets do it."

So basically on a whim we got the ball rolling by getting our house up on the market, selling it, putting school on hold, and then letting my employer know that I was leaving.

Luckily we've been able to do all of the above while still being able to find a house in Michigan (St. Joseph/Benton Harbor area).

It's hard to believe that since February when we "officially" got the ball rolling that now we're in August and in 2 weeks we'll be in a new state and a new house. All on a whim.

I hope that once all this is done, I'll be able to post more and contribute to the forums more. I miss the camaraderie around here and can't wait to jump right back in.

Here's a pic of our new house (don't mind the twat in the pic :) )

the-house.jpg

Haha cute house, how many bedrooms/baths, square footage? I myself am thinking of buying some land in TN and building a nice two story house on it.

Haha cute house, how many bedrooms/baths, square footage? I myself am thinking of buying some land in TN and building a nice two story house on it.

3 bedroom/2 bath, currently 1,700 sqft (basement is not totally finished).

Tennessee has some beautiful land, but the prices for it are ridiculous. I guess depending on which area of Tennessee you want to live in will greatly depend on price. I'm only familiar with East Tennessee and from what I've heard Scott County has the best bang for your buck. Of course I've also heard that it's pretty much Deliverance city :LOL:

I'm actually looking at waterfront land in Claiborne County by Norris Lake. They're only about $2-$3K/acre. I don't know if they have a minimum number of acres that have to be purchased though.

It looks really nice, I hope you'll be happy there and that your children like their new surroundings. Looks like a fairy tale house too me, is there a second flor or just a huge magical addic by the tiny indow? :p

Gratz on the move. You should have gotten a great deal on that house as the market in this state is the worst in the country.

To Color me Dan: Believe it or not there is an upstairs (we're going to make it our master suite) and there's also plenty of storage space up there.

To epicstruggle: We did pretty good, it was originally listed for $138k and we're getting it for $121. But with down payment and blah blah blah, we'll be at about $115k or $116k (I don't remember)

What a cool setting and a cute little house. If cute houses are your thing of course!

So, wow... in the space of 6ish months you were all set to go. I think it'd take me at least a year. 10 months for flapping and 2 for the admin.

Back