Siren:Blood Curse - a new low in nickel-and-dime'ing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty Geezer

uber-Troll!
Legend
PAL PSN has received its (pointless) weekly update. There is listed Siren:Blood Curse the Full Game for £19.99, and lots of separate packs at £7 each. Now here's the rub - the Full Game says in the blurb that you must buy all 12 episodes to play this game. That's £20 for the main game, plus 12x£7 for each chapter...that's over £100! Tell me I'm missing something! Tell me it isn't seriously that bad!

Whoa. From my previous readings it is just episodic content. You purchase each episode at free will. Yes, all 12 makes the complete game but all 12 aren't required to play 1 episode. That is insane if they released an episode based game but requires you to purchase them all to play.

Isn't there also a BR release of this game for those that want the disc?

PAL PSN has received its (pointless) weekly update. There is listed Siren:Blood Curse the Full Game for £19.99, and lots of separate packs at £7 each. Now here's the rub - the Full Game says in the blurb that you must buy all 12 episodes to play this game. That's £20 for the main game, plus 12x£7 for each chapter...that's over £100! Tell me I'm missing something! Tell me it isn't seriously that bad!

If that's true, that's really messed up. Are you really sure about that?

Here's what IGN said about the US release...
However, the one thing we didn't know was how the 12 episodes that make up the game would be released. Luckily, Sony cleared up our questions today. On July 24, 2008, all twelve episodes will be released for you to purchase from the PlayStation Network and dive into. You can grab the episodes in packs of three for $14.99 a pack, or you can save yourself five bucks and pick up all 12 at once for $39.99.

that you must buy all 12 episodes to play this game. That's £20 for the main game, plus 12x£7 for each chapter...that's over £100! Tell me I'm missing something! Tell me it isn't seriously that bad!

The Chapters were meant to be £4.99, if turns out to be over £100 for the full game - then count me out. No game is worth that kinda of cash :mad:

It's probably a false alarm. I've read in a few places that you can get a full game cheaper than a normal Blu-ray title. The episodic model simply allows you to buy a fraction of the game.

e.g., They have more details in the GAF "Siren" thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12090674&postcount=1

Price:
NA: $40 budget price for Complete game. $15 for a Chapter (NA version is divided into three chapters, 12 episodes total).
EU: £19.99/€29.99 for Complete game. £6.99/€9.99 for a Chapter (EU version is divided into four chapters, 12 episodes total).
• Japan: 5500Yen for Complete game.

The confusion here is Chapter vs Episode. In Europe, the entire game consists of 4 Chapters.

The confusion here is Chapter vs Episodes. In Europe, the entire game consists of 4 Chapters.

If thats the case then it sounds alot better, thanks for clearing that up patsu cause I played the Demo and i was planning to get the full version. :D

Thank the people who track the weekly releases and pricing over at GAF ^_^

I think Sony introduces episodic releases for Siren because the horror genre may be a niche. The lower pricing allows some more people to try out the game without short changing horror fans.

Uh...no that's wrong. It's either £20 for the whole game, where you'll have to download the episodes separately, or £7 for 3 chapters (of 12), resulting in a price of £28. So you save £8 for buying it in bulk.

Okay, I see it's lousy communication on their part. The actual blurb for the PSN listing is
An otherworldly siren wails, a blood red sea surrounds a remote Japanese village - and for an American TV crew trapped by the mysterious waters, a living hell is unleashed. Chilling, thrilling and hauntingly beautiful, Siren:Blood Curse™ is survival horror at its very best. Download it now for a stealth action experience you'll never forget.
You must download all 12 episodes to play this game.

Then you have individual packs at £6.99, which I assumed were the episodes they were talking about. Although in those blurbs they do say you have to have to download all three episodes to play this chapter.

Nice to see Sony haven't gone off the deep-end! PSN has mostly been great value.

Im disappointed in Sony for not showcasing this game at E3 last week.

Its PSN related, so they couldve said something like "this[games like Siren] is what differentiates us vs our competitor(s)" while creating buzz for the game aswell.

Oh well, seems GAF and other sites have picked up the memo and purchasing the game as we speak. As soon as I get my PS3 back from my nephews(2 more weeks :cry: ) this game is mine :D

Okay, I see it's lousy communication on their part. The actual blurb for the PSN listing is

Then you have individual packs at £6.99, which I assumed were the episodes they were talking about. Although in those blurbs they do say you have to have to download all three episodes to play this chapter.

Nice to see Sony haven't gone off the deep-end! PSN has mostly been great value.

Are you going to lock your own thread? :D

Uh...no that's wrong. It's either £20 for the whole game, where you'll have to download the episodes separately, or £7 for 3 chapters (of 12), resulting in a price of £28. So you save £8 for buying it in bulk.

7x3 is 21 ;) There are 3 chapters of 4 episodes totaling 12 episodes.

Indeed. Although I did feel a little gyped when I saw the file sizes for the SuperStardust HD add-ons :p That feeling disappeared when my roommate and I started playing split-screen co-op though, and we just got into the new single player modes so the value is actually extremely good. I don't see either one of us putting this game down any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back