Final Fantasy XIII - Heading to PC

When you use windowedBordlessGaming does the GPU go into "3d" mode?

I have noticed before that when a game is windowed, my gpu stays in desktop mode.

For me It doesn't go into 3D mode. make sure to check the config settings for the program (click on the app in your tab after you boot it) or check your gfx control panel settings.

Just to be sure:
- If we use GeDoSaTo, the game the game will always output in 720p, right?

All GeDoSaTo can do is alter the internal rendering resolution, which then downscales to 720p and we can later upscale again to our monitor's resolution. Or am I wrong?

i tested it and it do run in 1080p (the tv say its in 1080p mode)

but....
it result in 2D assets looks HORRIBLE. Its like playing 2D PS1 games in emulator. all 2D assets looks blocky while the 3d awesome.

Yeah i actually got it looking a whole lot crisper now. much, much higher native, no 720p window anymore.

dkgb.jpg

ekgb.jpg

gkgb.jpg

fkgb.jpg

For "GeDoSaTo", under -

"presentWidth
presentHeight
presentHz 60"

Input your desired native resolution. no need for "windowedBordlessGaming" or windowed gaming. plays much better on my setup.

can you screenshot the text in 1st intro video and while in gameplay (not in menu)?

for me its looks blocky :(

EDIT:
btw on xbox i think square too focused with character head's detail. Now with your screenshot, i even more sure that the detail is too much focused on head haha.

EDIT2:
have you heard any fix for CPU usage? i have very old CPU (Phenom II x2 550) so it have horrible IPC and FF XIII only use around 25% cpu :/

Has there been any statement from Square Enix about actually fixing the game?

can you screenshot the text in 1st intro video and while in gameplay (not in menu)?

for me its looks blocky :(

EDIT:
btw on xbox i think square too focused with character head's detail. Now with your screenshot, i even more sure that the detail is too much focused on head haha.

EDIT2:
have you heard any fix for CPU usage? i have very old CPU (Phenom II x2 550) so it have horrible IPC and FF XIII only use around 25% cpu :/

All of the text shows up how it should be.

Sugb.jpg

Rugb.jpg

For EDIT1, yes, the head detail was maximized for the close up, like a lot of their character budgets they always try to preserve as much "head" detail as possible.

For EDIT2, there has been no word on that. If your specs are not too good, then it might not be a good idea to use "GeDoSaTo", as it uses much higher resolutions above 1080p.

Has there been any statement from Square Enix about actually fixing the game?

Square did say someone's looking into it a couple days after it launched, there has been no update since. It's possible that the budget of the pc version is effecting the importance of the fix, no one knows for sure.

how the... man.. on my PC its horrible :/

hmm, gotta change some texture filtering settings. hopefully it can fix it.

about performance, gedosato did not reduce performance for me. I think its because i got bottleneck on CPU (it only use 1 core) and my GPU usage only goes around 30% with gedosato active.

Square did say someone's looking into it a couple days after it launched, there has been no update since. It's possible that the budget of the pc version is effecting the importance of the fix, no one knows for sure.

That's funny.

1. Spend little on the PC version but don't sell as much because it's such a piss poor console port.
  2. Spend some more to get it half way decent on the PC (at least compatible with multiple 16:9 resolutions) and sell more because of it.
  3. Spend fuck all on the console port, do a piss poor job, and give the finger to the complainers

I'm guessing it will end up #3.

ah the gedosato scaler is buggy in my PC. There's some resolution that makes the 2D asset looks funky.

now im on 2560x1440@60 and it looks fine. The fps still unstable but set my TV to "Smooth motion max smooth" and its working fine :D

EDIT:
i always skipped the FMV, but i just watched the intro movie and... man.. Square not just messed up the video compression (so many artefacts) but also the audio compression and channel support. Its only in stereo and lots of audio details dissapear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squenix can suck my balls on this one. It was a definite must buy for me; luckily I never preorder games for reasons like this. Will wait but I don't expect them to ever bring it to a playable state, not to mention fix the cutscenes.

:LOL:

Those patch notes. I wonder how many minutes some poor low lvl grunt had spend "fixing" those issues.

well the game was $15 (€11), At that price range most developers would leave it as is. It's SE's fault though for not pricing this game reasonably for enhancements or to cover support. I had my suspicion when i first saw the price, i had a feeling it was going to be a straight forward version.

well the game was $15 (€11), At that price range most developers would leave it as is. It's SE's fault though for not pricing this game reasonably for enhancements or to cover support. I had my suspicion when i first saw the price, i had a feeling it was going to be a straight forward version.

As today, i think every "re edition " of old FF ( and other series ) from Square was straight port and i fear that we will not see a real PC FF before they decide to launch them at the same time of the new FF console games.

At 12$ here, there's not much to wait about patches and other.. anyway for this price i will surely take it thoses next days. ( Just because this make a long long time i have not play a FF ).

Its funny, because i know a lot of PC gamers who buy a console only for FF ( along that some other exclusive games ofc ).. The day they release a good version for PC, im sure they will sell well.

do the game credits even changed to mention the PC port team?

Going by credits and who responded to the PC community, "The FINAL FANTASY XIII team" did the port.

As today, i think every "re edition " of old FF ( and other series ) from Square was straight port and i fear that we will not see a real PC FF before they decide to launch them at the same time of the new FF console games.

pretty much hit the nail on the head, the real quality of FF will shine when they do a simultaneous launch, or in the very least have their Eidos section handle future ports. In FFXIII's case, SE was banking on everyone taking advantage of the dirt cheap price.

pretty much hit the nail on the head, the real quality of FF will shine when they do a simultaneous launch, or in the very least have their Eidos section handle future ports. In FFXIII's case, SE was banking on everyone taking advantage of the dirt cheap price.

They would have worked for me if they had at least given us proper resolution choices to render at native monitor resolution. I could have even dealt with console controls (I do for Dynasty Warriors 8 and Dark Souls 2) if they had done that.

But I'm not going to buy something where I need to download a 3rd party app to enable rendering at my choice of resolution. I love Dark Souls 2 and I hear Dark Souls is even better, but I won't be buying Dark Souls anytime soon because of the lack of resolution choice.

So, even though FF XIII is by far the worst and crappiest FF ever made, I likely would have bought it if I could at least have had it render at native res.

Too bad. Perhaps if they eventually patch the game to allow to render at native res, I'll pick it up. But until then? Nope.

Regards,
SB

Back