Final Fantasy XIII - Heading to PC

That's surprisingly smart that they're launching this as a budget game (I don't mind paying normal prices for year old console ports, but this one was a little too old).

This was the one which was linear as fuck right? I hope they sell enough to keep publishing games on the PC, but I think I'll skip.

Yeah, the Steppe part had a bit of roaming, but it was optional as in you could just walk through the story without the need for building up your character all that much.

I sense this is coming to an xbox one or ps4 near you at somepoint, having already converted it to run on PCs it seems foolish not to.

From nuuvem I can get it for a little over 8€. It's a steal!
Anyone knows who's making the port?
With the game so cheap, I wonder if they bothered at all with extra resolution and larger textures options.
Otherwise, it'll still be a great game for the laptop.

I'd rather they ported FF XII to the PC. That is the one I want to play on PC. That and the older less "action" combat driven FF's. FF XV looks horrible due to the action combat.

Regards,
SB

I'd rather they ported FF XII to the PC. That is the one I want to play on PC. That and the older less "action" combat driven FF's. FF XV looks horrible due to the action combat.

Regards,
SB

I'd rather they port Dark Savior to the PC. But what is the point of writing that in this thread?

ff13-2 is a lot better gameplay than ff13. But story-wise, for me FF13-2 is more confusing but much more bearable to watch than FF13.

btw on xbox i was unable to continue play ff13, just too bored. then i use a savegame editor that unlocks everything. the gameplay become much enjoyable. and then i cannot continue because the game broken (i already got the summon that should have not gotten yet).

so tips for anybody want to cheat. dont use the UNLOCK ALL SUMMON cheat :D

other cosmetics cheat like "change the display character on overworld with any character you want" also works fine.

Anyone played it yet?

I have my code from GMG to activate when I finish work.

Mobius1aic, GMG had a 10% pre-order bonus, and you could use the normal 20% voucher as well as claiming a welcome pack with a months subscription for EVE online, and a couple of indie games.

Pretty good deal.

ASIA only have jap voice while ROW have ENG/JAP voice.
ROW is around 50GB, ASIA 30GB.

game without movies around 4GB.

movies are in BINK video codec.

*none of this are 1st hand info. I only got them from reading forums steam.

Final Fantasy XIII - PC and PS3 Movie sequences are both 720p.

As you may have heard by now FFXIII PC is 720p locked. price may be the reason behind it, if this was the case poor PC marketing skills are to blame. PC gamers don't mind spending a little extra if it means having a better gaming experience. A good opportunity to promote "quality" in exchange for sales was possibly blown out the window by them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tips For FFXIII PC.

Fortunately for the PC community there are 2 ways to improve your FFXIII experience while you wait for SE to respond to this, if they're even planing to...

Option 1 - by Durante (involves down scaling from higher resolutions)
http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=618

Option 2 - by myself (involves windows 8, and gaming in windowed which can be fixed)

locate your FFXIII game installed and search for "white_data" folder. In there you should find a folder called "prog", in there is a second launcher "FFXiiiLauncher.exe". right click it and go to compatibility and uncheck "disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

Should look like this.
Y5fb.png

the game should maximize on your desktop's resolution windowed. it should look something like this,
Z5fb.png
Use "WindowedBorderlessGaming" if you don't like borders.

both alternatives are worth a try, hope this helps.

why is it blurry? does the game only render in 720p then resize to window size?
using gedosato, the game should render natively.

man.. someone need to encode the high-quality PS3 videos to PC version codec.

My option runs according to desktop resolution, in this case 1080p.

Option 2.
L6fb.png

Durante's shows up on my end as a higher native resolution down sampled within a 720p resolution. Option 1, Steam capture.
Q6fb.jpg

The output signal to the tv is still 720p even though the native is 4x that (1440p), that is the downscale.

I've been spending some quality time with this and i decided to combined both options. It looks great, jagged free just about. It's still working within a 1280x720 window for some reason, but the native internal res is 1080p.

FGfb.png

GGfb.png

Option 1 + Option 2 + WindowedBorderlessGaming = Near perfect experience. It also works best that the internal native res for "gedosato" matches your desktop. the scaling and re-scaling messes with the IQ.

When you use windowedBordlessGaming does the GPU go into "3d" mode?

I have noticed before that when a game is windowed, my gpu stays in desktop mode.

Back