Final Fantasy XIII - Heading to PC

Read the OP, you'll understand. FF13 is developed on PC and ported to PS3 and later X360. Much like how Capcom developed their games like Lost Planet, DMC4 and SF4.

This is great news IMO. I am sure this is to target the Chinese and Korean market.

*Smacks forehead*

This is a rumor that has been squashed. Nobody at square has said that FF13 is coming to PC, all they've said is that all their white engine games are developed on PC.
Yea I thought this thread was weird. Developing console games on PC is nothing new we know all of Capcom's Framework engine games are developed on PC.

Just more noise in the confusion. Find me a quote, press release, or any sort of official statement from Square Enix. They don't exist.

I do agree with you Gnerma that there has been no solid confirmation but i honestly think its only a matter of time before Square Enix come out with an Official release that FF13 is PC bound.

I hope the PC versions do get released and theres also another reason why I think it might be true...consider the announcement that the game will also be released to the Xbox 360. Their main argument was I believe for more revenue. I think they would be retarded if they did not release it for the PC as well because that is another demographic that they would be missing out. And honestly they could up the graphics in that game considering how much horsepower there is these days for the PC. Not to mention it is being developed on the PC its just stupid not to do it!

Well they are planning on releasing the Last Remnant at some point on PC's, so FFXIII certainly doesnt sound farfetched ;)

If theyre gonna put all that effort on making it on the PC to make the 360 porting process faster, you might aswell put it out on PC's amirite?

Wishful thinking all around. It may happen but there is little more reason to believe it will than the myriad of other console games that are developed on PCs.

The Last Remnant is an Unreal Engine 3 game, so it is not directly comparable in this context to FF13. If it sells gangbusters on PC (however unlikely that is), sure it will influence the possibility of a PC port of 13.

bloody heck....
Consoles heavy hitters coming to PC.. it was MGS, then this FF... and if they announce FF15 and KH3 for PC...
even if they are terrible port with terrible weird mouse acceleration, playing on PC will be much better with the potential of mods and the ability to use whatever controller i want.

i wonder why i buy PS4 argh....

oh yeah.. to play Naughty Dogs games. (but for only this reason, i can just borrow PS4 from friend for freeeeeeee ugh..)

This is awesome assuming this isn't just another branch of their streaming initiative (see here). If not hopefully this'll set the table for a FF15 PC release.

I'd love to see a Persona 5 PC release as well (yes I know that isn't squareenix). You can make a lot of money on the pc these days it makes a lot of sense.

Easily the worst FF for a while (although XIII-2 was worse, so bad I don't think I bothered finishing it), but for a tenner, I will probably pick it up and give it a replay.

Yeah..you PC guys don't want this trust me. Crystal tools is a POS engine(as shown by FF14 1.0) and probably wont be good for anything more than getting more stable 30fps for FF13-2 and FF13-3...but they aren't worth it

I'm cautiously optimistic for the port. Yes it could be bad, but years old engine history isn't a death sentence considering resources may have been spent on improving the situation. Regardless I've already played 13 & 13-2 (which I thought was a big improvement on the formula, not a regression) so I'll only be checking out Lightning Returns next year.

Square Enix is in the midst of a big PC push so it would behoove them not to screw this up.

Back