MAG

On the upside, blind stupid enemies are universal. Lately it's not uncommon to run into two (or more, occasionally) enemies who have the drop on me, take them both out despite my own suckage and average ping of >250ms and to survive enough to heal myself (only to get shot in the back because the squadmates I thought were with me, weren't).

Yeah that's true. Yesterday I shot 2 enemies, duck behind cover to reload, and jump back out again. Both of them were revived, well not for long. Was able kill them both 4 times that way, had to stop because I ran out of bullets. When finally you do get medic willing use the medical kit on someone othen than themselves, they stop caring about anything else a just revive no matter how often you get shot down instantly. At least it's fun when your not on the receiving end of it.

If you get 2 teams of bad players fighting each other the outcome will always be the same. The defenders are going to win because attacking takes a little teamwork.

Indeed, I've found that more and more. "That side's covered, so I'll go this way. Ugh, dead from behind!"

My most desired device at the moment is the motion detector so I know where enemies are!

I haven't tried it so far, but it might be just the thing for these situations.

I just had a ton of fun. We didn't win but we sure had fun trying. Attacking is very hard without teamwork. Defense is much easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hurray ! I believe Raven took a Sabotage contract from [strike]SVER[/strike] Valor yesterday or this morning. ^_^
We own the most contracts in Sabo now.

Time for me to move on to Acquisition !

Lag can really kill this game. I've taken to playing a sneaky-sneaky character for a while, which doesn't return much XP but is fun. However sniper shots can frequently 'miss', even directly in an enemies back as they are running straight from you, fired from a bipodded sniper.

Can someone confirm that the sniper needs to lead the target and account for 'deflection' so they basically run into the bullet, or is it supposed to be a direct-fire weapon that the dot on their head should mean a hit when the trigger is pulled without them having time to dodge out the way?

If the cross shows up then it means they'll get hit with the bullet regardless of them moving from the position. Its direct fire for every weapon in the game.

Lag compensation in this game is just like KZ2 & BFBC1/2 ie. you don't need to fire early at a location by guessing if the enemy will run into that location, so as to get a kill...here you just fire & wait for him to die [ie. if you are lagging]. This sometimes results in both you & your killer getting killed by each other.

Were you playing Domination? That gamemode usually lags a bit., Sabotage and Acquisition are fine.

Player numbers keep getting worse. Very few people play Acquisition. Hopefully it gets better during the weekend.

Nope, Sabotage. It's my only haunt. I enjoy playing with a silenced sniper, but I do have trouble downing enemies at a distance because hits aren't being registered. I guess I sugffer from huge cross-winds blowing my shots off target!

Have you guys experienced other players tk'ing you then rezzing you for xp? I seem to always have that problem with Sabo. I may just stick to Dom from now on...

I've been knifed and then fixed, but I thought that didn't give XP? I always take it to be a control mistake. Unlike those morons who start the round shooting into the backs of all the spawned players. :(

Nope, Sabotage. It's my only haunt. I enjoy playing with a silenced sniper, but I do have trouble downing enemies at a distance because hits aren't being registered. I guess I sugffer from huge cross-winds blowing my shots off target!

I think it depends on your firing angle w.r.t. to the enemy's vector. If you're firing perpendicularly to his vector, you need to compensate for his speed a lot. It feels like they up'ed the running speed because it's hard to get a kill from this angle. The only way is to gauge their speed and shoot ahead.

If he's running straight into or away from you, then there should be no lag unless he moves away suddenly or twitches his analog stick a lot.

Have you guys experienced other players tk'ing you then rezzing you for xp? I seem to always have that problem with Sabo. I may just stick to Dom from now on...

Nope, but I get knifed sometimes when we lost. They just want to vent.

Sometimes I killed my teammates by mistake, and had to revive them.

I think it depends on your firing angle w.r.t. to the enemy's vector. If you're firing perpendicularly to his vector, you need to compensate for his speed a lot. It feels like they up'ed the running speed because it's hard to get a kill from this angle. The only way is to gauge their speed and shoot ahead.
I was wondering this. Apparently bullets travel slowly in 15 years time.

If he's running straight into or away from you, then there should be no lag unless he moves away suddenly or twitches his analog stick a lot.
Sadly I've had misses even in these cases. eg. From the church tower in VALOR Sabotage, shooting the backs of enemies running towards objective C. Or even lying on the ground, bipod fixed, shooting down the road they're running down. Because lag is hidden, there's no way of knowing what's up or if you'll hit (assuming it's a lag issue).

I was wondering this. Apparently bullets travel slowly in 15 years time.

Yes, I think they slow the sniper bullet intentionally. If you watch a guy at Raven Objective C shoot someone in B, you can see the bullet dart towards the enemy like a missile. In this sense, it requires some skills. This is how I figure out where the faraway enemy snipers are.

Sadly I've had misses even in these cases. eg. From the church tower in VALOR Sabotage, shooting the backs of enemies running towards objective C. Or even lying on the ground, bipod fixed, shooting down the road they're running down.

Why you sneaky soldier. :devilish:

Because lag is hidden, there's no way of knowing what's up or if you'll hit (assuming it's a lag issue).

I also noticed more lag playing with EU folks at odd hours (since I'm in US).

EDIT: I *think* if you're very close to the enemies, the sniper bullet does less damage even if scoped.

Why you sneaky soldier. :devilish:
It's my new play style. I'm thoroughly enjoying the motion detector. It costs 800c, but means almost no surprise encounters. That and a silenced sniper mean I can wander at will being a nuisance. Doesn't score much, but has a sense of excitement that crashing headlong into the enemy lacks. And it can also be very productive for the team, taking out entrenched enemies from behind and a couple of times finding back-routes into the objectives; I can wait until the coast is clear to make my move. Sadly the sniper is no good when it gets close and personal, and the motion detector is too expensive to enable a better sidearm.

This game needs some better 'objective' systems. We were defending VALOR, and a RAVEN sniper at the back was racking up the kills from their spawning grounds. Someone called out his position. I took my sneaky-sneaky boots round back and got rid of him. It was a valuable contribution to the defense of A, but I don't get a bonus. Whereas sat in A shooting easy targets in the open does.

Perhaps FRAGO's shoudn't apply in defense? After all, every enemy killed no matter where they are is aiding the objective.

Incidentally I've overcome the sniper limit by respec'ing to assault rifle. The 4x optical scope is fabulous (althugh I still can't aim particularly well!). The only downside is the frequency of running out of ammo.

Yeah, I thought they should give us a medal or point bonus if we take out a high scoring enemy.

Edit:
hmm... Not so sure now. It would encourage folks to go hunting instead of focusing on the objectives.

I wish there was an indicator of connection quality. Some games I'm on the money and downing enemies with confidence, whereas others I can't hit a barn door. And sometimes I hide behind a wall only to be shot through it. Without any indicator of lag, it feels uncertain and frustrating.

I also encountered a serious control bug. I've had moments I've gone to swipe my knife and nothing has happened which I could never qualify, but today I had a period of being unable to throw my grenade. R1 just did nothing.

Online gaming sucks! :p

Back