MAG

I am actually playing the game right now so if anybody has any questions fire away, ill do my best to answer whilst trying to 'destroy the bunker' :LOL:

It feels like a large multi-objective Battlefield game, it even looks a lot like Bad Company with the grain filter. I wish it had some destructibility though.

Its good game but i feel sometimes cause there is so much going on around, you can sometimes get lost or confused if you know what i mean. :LOL:

Confused ? as in "don't know how to fit in and what's the plan ?"

How're the weapons and customization ? You are supposed to get advanced commands later on. But what can you do as a Private ?

I think everyone is just new to the game and running around shooting. The gun play is very well done, it feels great as does the controls. Sniping is fun and you get the "+5 xp" message when you do something like in R2. There are vehicles to drive and I even parachuted ito battle once.

If they get the game glitch free and market it well it could be the bigger brother to COD4. They should also price it correctly if there is no SP element, like with SOCOM and Warhawk.

I think everyone is just new to the game and running around shooting. The gun play is very well done, it feels great as does the controls. Sniping is fun and you get the "+5 xp" message when you do something like in R2.
Like CoD4 you mean! R2 just copied.
If they get the game glitch free and market it well it could be the bigger brother to COD4.

If so, instant buy for me.

Can somebody tell me if the aiming is like CoD? In terms of how accurate, easy\intuitive like cod4 or accelerated bullshit like KZ2 without high precision patch, and how fast you can aim?

How is the gamepace? CoD style og sloooooow KZ?

How much health do you have? 2-3 shots to the chest like CoD or KZ style?

I really hope its like cod. Then i am gonna lone-wolf the 8 man squads :devilish:

The game is fast, you can sprint, turn fast, aiming is traditional. It feels like a BF game to me, I have not played COD online. I'm not sure on the number of bullets to kill, but it seemed standard. One sniper shot to the head is a kill as far as I could tell.

With such large maps and so many enemies you can lone wolf easy enough, though I think they reward you for team play.

WOW ! People in beta ! :D this is great ! I just saw a leaked vid at n4g and it looked great, gameplay wise. Can't tell the graphics from the youtube video, but it felt good.

I am pretty much skipping COD:MW2 on my ps3, and can give this a try.

@nightshade: GI forums are not working for many days now? Is it? or is it something with my net connection?

Myt ps3 is packed for a month now, so no beta anyway for me.

Its much more like CoD I assume than KZ2. Its way faster than KZ2 and falls into the realm where I think I might give it a miss. I'll play the beta a bit more, but still it feels light and to fast, I do like KZ2 slower heavier game type.

As for damage, I think its the same as KZ, a few bullets will kill you.

Usually I do not like stuff where you end up circle strafing etc, it looks like MJ doing a moonwalk and changing direction every 05. seconds to be hit. And to me MAG had a bit of this.

Hmm..it could be good or bad from ur description !

I, too, prefer KZ2's heavier(slower) gameplay as it is usually not the fastest-finger-wins but who-is-in-a-better-position-wins in KZ2. It really pays to find a workaround towards enemy psition and flank him than run straight into him shooting bullets.

But then, KZ2 works good coz the maps are very very well designed and tested for chokepoints and strongholds, and alternate paths provided for every such situation.
That brings me to the actual question I was about to ask:

How's the map design? How many maps in beta?

If the gameplay feels like Battlefield and maps open, then are the maps fun like Oasis in Bad Company? I think that map is particularly well done in BF:BC.

Are there enough indoors in maps? I just don't like running in the open when there are snipers all around.

How are commands being handled right now? Beta has just started , so how does the command structure work?
OTOH, If i am levelled up but I don't want to command a squad, can I do that? How are battles set-up? When are the commanders and squad leaders decided? Do they discuss war plans while the game is on or before it?

Man, I WANT to be in this beta :( ! If anybody has a code, ME is the person to give it to ;) !

Cant tell much, NDA :p

All I can say is the movement may be fast but the game's pacing is slow like a Battlefield game.

The graphics look Great to me ! COnsidering the draw distance, which seems quite huge! and the map itself is HUGE ! This could be real fun , when it comes out ! Can't say much about the command system from the vid, didn't listen to it. Its good they made it an FPS instead of a TPS as planned earlier, the FPS view really works.

The map is huge, but it seems pretty non interactive ! I mean, didn't see any debris or exploding vehicles or HDR ! But , I guess, when you have a map so big, with 256 players in it, one wouldn't care ;) ! This could replace COD6 for me ! Lets see some more :devilish:!

EDIT: and please Zipper, make those tree leaves sway a little ! They are dead still :LOL: , I don't know they bother me ....

Last edited by a moderator:
I donno..I would rather want better & beefier explosions [they are obviously low reso buffers like many other games but they are harshly visible in MAG] than have the trees sway.

Oh & I also want a better reloading/grenade animation,better looking guns, better sound for guns/explosions & a bit crisper color tone, maybe its because of the map but the games as per now looks dull in color tone. :)

P.S.[I did asked for these in the feedback thread of MAG :p]

Back