Beware Potential Cheap Console Scams

There are at present two known console-related scams on the Internet; one involves site cheapestwii.com, the other, refurbishedxbox360s.com. The second of these is presently rotating on the B3D top banner ad, and the first may begin to as well. In addition, it is probable a variation site involving the PS3 may begin at some point. Remember that ads sourced to the top banner are not vetted by B3D, but externally... and we have reason to believe these two in particular are to be avoided at this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the Wii equivalent of the $34 XBox 360's discussed at times in this thread:

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=49117

But the bottom line is that this (both) offer has shadiness written all over it. I would advise members to avoid both.

By the way Skilledguy, sorry but you were trapped in our spam blocker initially, which is why it's taken time for your thread to show up. Giving you the benefit of the doubt of course in assuming you were here with a legitimate question as to its validity rather than trying to promote it.

Carl, PM me ASAP, I got a bridge to sell you for $20... and it includes a Wii!!

Methinks you're waaaaaay to kind in giving him the benefit of the doubt.... ;)

Could be. I did want to let the thread itself sit though because a number of these offers are proliferating on the 'net at the moment, and better if folk are aware of them as potential scams rather than not.

Carl, PM me ASAP, I got a bridge to sell you for $20... and it includes a Wii!!

I think you're missing the point. ;)

If folk haven't read posts #2, #13, and #15 of the thread I linked to earlier in the thread, then context might be lacking. But we're throwing a flag up on these things, as they seem as if they're cycling through our own banner advertisements.

www.cheapestwiiscam.com it says in their faq that you have to fill out surveys.. wtf is that?"

This guy is certainly a repeat spammer.

By the way Skilledguy, sorry but you were trapped in our spam blocker initially, which is why it's taken time for your thread to show up. Giving you the benefit of the doubt of course in assuming you were here with a legitimate question as to its validity rather than trying to promote it.

I don't mean to go over your head, but it's pretty clear he's not here to have an intelligent discussion.

Looks like there be confusion amongst the mods... Thread re-opened?

When was it closed?

well you guys do know that you have an ad for a $34.99 xbox 360 on the forum right .

Yes we know that, did you read posts #2, #13, and #15 from the thread linked to in post #4 of this thread?

Guys, this sort of circular game of telephone going on around here is a little frustrating. ;)

Read before posting!

@Digi: Ok you can understand why you're missing a post in this thread. :)

@Graham: *thumbs up*

Edit: I've altered the OP of the thread such that things could not possibly be more clear as to what we're going for here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the thread was ever closed :)

Google ads sometimes have the option to show a feedback link, which allows you to report if the ads are useful or not - it also has a 'violation' option, but I don't think these would qualify. Unfortunately it doesn't have an option to say it's a scam or complain about the advertiser.

The b3d ads don't show this link. Then again I never see them because I have always used the old forum style... (which has no ads at all... :oops:)

An example from gamersyde:

adtemp.jpg

Back