New DX9 Demo/Benchmark

Is it really a DX9 benchmark? I mean I can run it with my old GF4 4400. And it runs really smooth, but I can't activate the multisampling anti aliasing. It says something like that I had to install DX9.0a, but I have installed it.

It doesn't really use any DX9 hardware features, just uses the DX9 API. I believe it will even run on a GeForce 2.

Jallen said:
It doesn't really use any DX9 hardware features, just uses the DX9 API. I believe it will even run on a GeForce 2.

Then, do you know why I can't enable the multisampling anti aliasing? It says something like that I had to install DX9.0a and as the fact that I have.

Jallen said:

I think that this is true - I have tried the original version on a computer equippped with a Quadro 2, and it worked just fine.

I'm glad that they released this version. My biggest complaint about the original is that they did not have any options to change the resolution, and anti-aliasing did not work with it (at least not on my Geforce 4)...

Interesting, I followed this benchmark in the making and the author was claiming DX9 support. :oops:

Oh well, got to see the old disco ball again :LOL:

embargiel said:
Then, do you know why I can't enable the multisampling anti aliasing? It says something like that I had to install DX9.0a and as the fact that I have.

The GF4 doesn't support DX9 maskable multisampling.

All the multisampling types are under D3DMULTISAMPLE_NONMASKABLE.

DX9 SDK said:
D3DMULTISAMPLE_NONMASKABLE
Enable the multisample quality value. See the remarks.

Of course the remarks say nothing about it. ;)

Back