Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it's the new HD6870!

Or even the 6970 :LOL:
5887308.jpg

wow man that card uses almost as much power as the fermis !!!! ati better watch out it might not get pci-e compliance !

Reminds me... was the XFX HD 5970 4GB Eyefinity-6 (850 / 4800MHz) mentioned already?

looks like ATi made a reference design fro 4GB boards...(?)

xfx_4gb_hd_5970_eyefin82y1.jpg

xfx_4gb_hd_5970_eyefinq4w9.jpg

Reminds me... was the XFX HD 5970 4GB Eyefinity-6 (850 / 4800MHz) mentioned already?

looks like ATi made a reference design fro 4GB boards...(?)

Nah, they wouldn't do reference design going over PCIe or ATX (length!) specs, would they?

Design of the cooler is just a coincidence? :smile: You can also notice ATi logo on the back-plate (why not a XFX logo, if the card is designed by XFX?) and typical ATi stickers.

I'm confident this board is designed by ATi. I believe it will be never released as official ATi product; only as product of AIB partners. Quite smart strategy - nobody can charge ATi with producing boards out of ATX/PCIe specs, but there will be a Radeon product able to spoil Fermi launch.

Design of the cooler is just a coincidence? :smile: You can also notice ATi logo on the back-plate (why not a XFX logo, if the card is designed by XFX?) and typical ATi stickers.

I'm confident this board is designed by ATi. I believe it will be never released as official ATi product; only as product of AIB partners. Quite smart strategy - nobody can charge ATi with producing boards out of ATX/PCIe specs, but there will be a Radeon product able to spoil Fermi launch.
It's the reference PCB since Hemlock requires 16 RAM chips, they just have to use 2Gb chips which should now be around the corner.

Only the cooler differs, if it's not a simple artwork.

Wow, what's the pricing on that thing? Makes complete sense though since each GPU needs > 1GB to do a proper job at the settings that card is meant for.

Ahem, don't ask me why, but I forgot it was the "Six" one, only remembering the cooler.

BTW, they clearly don't have to redesign a board for the 2x2GB, and if one board manufacturers does it's entirely to be first on the market.

I also like the idea of 2x 2GB + E6...

Only 1500 boards will be manufactured, launch during March, price $999(?). More pictures:

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/65954/cebit-xfx-toont-overgeklokte-hd-5970-eyefinity-6.html

Only 1500 boards? So basically a high performance Limited Edition card. I wouldn't be surprised if it was 999 USD. That's right up there with some of Nvidia's Press Edition/launch spoiler edition cards.

Makes sense. There's always some enthusiasts willing to pay extraordinary amounds of money for the fastest kit. Make it exclusive and limited and it becomes that much more attractive to that market.

Intel has been doing that for a while now with their EE CPUs...

Regards,
SB

So I guess this is SKU that neliz was hinting at by saying ATI will have their own 7800 GTX 512. :LOL:

Lol, it's gonna be awesome when the review sites say the competitors must also run in a six display configuration.

..or another RV790?!

IIRC, thats 1500 PER Vendor... given there is Asus, Sapphire, MSI, XFX, PowerColor(Tul) and possibly HIS and another .. theres more than likely going to be far more "5990s" (4GB, higher clocked 5970s) than GTX480s.
That is a pretty bold statement and I dont see how accurate it would be unless you have anecdotal evidence from more than one vendor.

Also small note, you're mixing up "5990" with the 5970 E6, two different SKUs.

That is a pretty bold statement and I dont see how accurate it would be unless you have anecdotal evidence from more than one vendor.

Also small note, you're mixing up "5990" with the 5970 E6, two different SKUs.

Well.. I simply used 5990 as a sort of sku only as a means to deferentiate between the 5970 2GB (dual cypress 5870s clocked at 5850, each with 1GB GDDR5) and the 5970 4GB (dual cypress 5870s clocked at 5870+, each with 2GB GDDR5).. and if you look closely the XFX literature simply lists it as 5970 4GB Black Edition (no particular Sku mention of E6 or otherwise). IIRC, Asus, Sapphire, MSI and XFX have all mentioned that parts would be limited upwards of 1500 initialy, then I think it was Asus who said they wouldn't be "limited" per say, only by demand.

Back