• Within couple months

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
lol remember Age of Conan, one of the first games ever touted for DX10 when DX10 was first introduced? And it barely got the DX10 client in the last few months? afaik still not working properly either.

lol remember Age of Conan, one of the first games ever touted for DX10 when DX10 was first introduced? And it barely got the DX10 client in the last few months? afaik still not working properly either.

Missing DX10 mode was the least of the major game stopping bugs in the AOC release. I'm surprised the game even ran in the condition it was released in. I'd be surprised if they had time to do even a token look at their DX10 implementation given how many bugs needed addressing before release, and how many bugs didn't get addressed for months and months after.

Not exactly a poster child to hold up as a example of a late DX version. It had far too many problems unrelated to the rendering method.

Regards,
SB

Funcom is loaded with some not very competent, if you thought AoC was buggy, then you should have been around for the start of AO, that game was/is such a mess.
(this comes from a guy who worked as in game support on it and reverse engineered the network protocol on it)

I am surprised the company is still alive.

Funcom is loaded with some not very competent, if you thought AoC was buggy, then you should have been around for the start of AO, that game was/is such a mess.
(this comes from a guy who worked as in game support on it and reverse engineered the network protocol on it)

I am surprised the company is still alive.

Government subsidies, does magic for all incompetent companies that ought to fail.

I think thats a bit overboard for one of the industries best MMOs atm. Probobly the best looking MMO out there aswell and that only with DX9. With DX 10 its even better. Sure the game had bugs. They were forced to ship before the game was finished. Not exactly Funcom's fault. Besides, MMOs are always in motion. Things get updated and patched all the time.

When will 5870x2 be launched? Will it be just a crossfire on a card, like the 4870x2, or will it have some new tech (not AFR)?
I´m eagerly waiting for it, but if it´s just a crossfire on a card, I´m waiting to see what nvidia has to offer.

When will 5870x2 be launched? Will it be just a crossfire on a card, like the 4870x2, or will it have some new tech (not AFR)?
I´m eagerly waiting for it, but if it´s just a crossfire on a card, I´m waiting to see what nvidia has to offer.

That's litterally what X2 boils down to - Two GPUs, one board.

I'm actually a bit surprised the 5750 has almost as fast gddr5 ram as 5770 but deactivated simd. Which begs the question why didn't AMD go with slower (~1Ghz) gddr5 and full simds? Is there almost zero price difference between faster and slower gddr5 or are yields bad enough that AMD needs a high-volume salvage part this round?

I am guessing since people can easily overclock the cards, to make a more differentiated distinction between the two cards, they've decided to make the 5750 lose a few SP. Who knows, maybe people will find a crack that will re-enable those deactivated SP.

Holy crap. It's beating the 4850 by a relatively large margin! I wish they put that sucker up against the 4870 as well. Either way, I know what my next upgrade's gonna be.

Yeah I've been waiting to try and order one. Embargo is up midnight tonight ET correct? Hoping to order one just after midnight as I know there will be a rush on these.

Careful not to compare a 1GB card with a 512MB card, as a lot of games are faster purely due to memory.

Jawed

The tests are generally in lower resolutions, so it shouldn't matter.
Ofcourse it's hard to predict the performance compared to 4870/90 from this test.. lets see tomorrow :)

Considering 5770 is the replacement for the 4870 price bracket, it would have been better to have compared it to a 4870 1gig.

Looks promising though. This might be the new general gaming card I recommend to friends and others that aren't enthusiasts. This and 4750.

Man, I can't wait to see what a passive cooled Rv810/830 will do. HTPC needs a new GPU. :)

Regards,
SB

Last edited by a moderator:
Back