• Within couple months

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Five bucks to the first guy who can explain to me (and be correct how it's done) how four cards render 55 Megapixels.
Is it supertiling?

What is the thinnest bezel available? Anyone care to comment on how annoying the bezels might be in a 3x1 setup?

Summary:

8zqxpe.jpg

2 slightly different 5870 spec floating around, 825 or 850 core and 1.2 or 1.3 memory.

I certainly hope for the 1.3 memory as thats a much bigger deal with the card probably being BW limited.

If there are any Ati employees on this forum (and I know there are), I just need to have access to 24 Full HD projectors, four 5870s and some kind of facilities for a day or so for a project called game nirvana. Please help ;)

It can be done. Therefore it must be done!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I think that BW won't be a limitation when talking about DX11. DX11 needs far less BW than DX10 to do the same, so that BW limitation will only be noticeable when playing DX10 games.

Hmm. Black PCB.
So I guess that is a Cypress die shot? fellix, you got your pixel counting glasses? :p

Also the 5850 spec in the above table lists 32 ROPs, I've seen 30 ROPs somewhere else. Too many spec configurations floating around, however that 1440 alu configuration for the 5850 seems like a lock.

Sorry, but the marketing name for this multimonitor solution is not very well chosen. I also wonder if the focus will be mostly in gaming, in which case Gaming should've probably been put in the marketing name somewhere (similar to Surround Gaming), or in business applications as well. Matrox will not be happy about that anyway :D

What AMD needs to do now is push LCD monitor manufactures to make the bezel even slimmer.

Sorry, but the marketing name for this multimonitor solution is not very well chosen. I also wonder if the focus will be mostly in gaming, in which case Gaming should've probably been put in the marketing name somewhere (similar to Surround Gaming), or in business applications as well. Matrox will not be happy about that anyway :D

What AMD needs to do now is push LCD monitor manufactures to make the bezel even slimmer.

I don't see anything wrong with it, and it's clearly "focused" on all around, aka gaming, business and productivity

http://www.hwupgrade.it/articoli/skvideo/2280/15.jpg
Still a long way to go, with the obvious problem being bezel thickness*2 between each screen. Also this is a custom solution and the monitor probably a TN panel to keep costs down. A multi monitor setup will show the flaws of that particular panel type even more. Anyway it's still a nice addition and gaming in 2160*1920 will be great :D

Why were they able to stick two plasmas together for that 100+ TV, but they can't make a monitor with 2 sides of the screen having no border? Then, you could just mount the exposed ends together and have a seamless screen of up to 2x2.

"Dual 4890 Class" isn't #1 or even close in 3DMark06, and it's not even #1 for single card (HD4870X2's go around 38k)
Tell that to whoever wrote the slide.
The text is on an image being used by an official AMD blog to demonstrate upcoming hardware functionality.

Would AMD refer to anything else but their upcoming hardware as 'Dual 4890 Class' in context of a 3Dmark score?

Back