• Within couple months

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I really like eyefinity, despite the stupid name. Though it would be better if dvi/dvi/hdmi was available. Hopefully 3 simultaneous outputs will become the new standard configuration (at least for high-end cards).

I really like eyefinity, despite the stupid name. Though it would be better if dvi/dvi/hdmi was available. Hopefully 3 simultaneous outputs will become the new standard configuration (at least for high-end cards).

Well, using adapters shouldn't be too much of an hassle, while DP isn't required to support DVI/HDMI, as far as I know every single case with DP on card, the same output supports DVI/HDMI via adapter, too.

Hmm, yeah, maybe I should just go all in with 2560? I've got nothing to lose :p

Jawed

How about:

640 double pumped ALUs + 64 TMUs for Juniper?

Using your Ecxel sheet, it worked quite well under der following assumptions:

- area per ALU: 1,25 bigger than for the RV740 (due to the higher speed of the ALUs)
- still only 8 cluster despite the 64 TMUs
- reducing the size for the "control, setup, interpolation, tessellation etc" from 2 times RV740 to 1,5 times RV740. Eric Demers only said "twice the complexity" not "twice the size".

I don't think this can be true, but at least using your tool I would work. :)

I dunno in contrast it looks to me like 3 outputs would be more useful on low-end cards. Simply because high-end cards are mostly used for gaming where there still isn't that much need for multi-head, but low-end cards are more appropriate for office use where this should come in more handy. And don't forget the existing multi-mon cards where both nvidia and amd simply stick two low-end chips on the same card to be able to offer more outputs, it is not an option to put high-end chips on those.

How about:

640 double pumped ALUs + 64 TMUs for Juniper?

Using your Ecxel sheet, it worked quite well under der following assumptions:

- area per ALU: 1,25 bigger than for the RV740 (due to the higher speed of the ALUs)
- still only 8 cluster despite the 64 TMUs
- reducing the size for the "control, setup, interpolation, tessellation etc" from 2 times RV740 to 1,5 times RV740. Eric Demers only said "twice the complexity" not "twice the size".
I'm dubious about such high clocking. Also the TUs and ALUs would prolly work at the same clock speed, as they both access the registers.

I don't think this can be true, but at least using your tool I would work. :)
The best thing it does is show how things like 2560 ALUs aren't really practical ;)

Jawed

Did I already mention that a new reference in texture quality is coming towards us soon for all those IQ freaks out there? ;)

True Angle independant AF?

You couldn't come up with any more boring idea could you? I rarely (if at all) notice angle dependency on 45 degrees. Give me something like better filter kernels for instance and I'll drool forever.... ;)

Did I already mention that a new reference in texture quality is coming towards us soon for all those IQ freaks out there? ;)
Is that quality level merely what's mandated by D3D11?

If this is done with single-cycle fp16 TUs then it's going to be costly.

Jawed

Like adhering to DX11's specs and providing support for 16kx16k textures, thus enabling a "whole new level of texture fidelity" - regardless what your filter does make out of it? ;)

If not: I'd be pleasantly suprised. It'd be about time after the X1K-series's Area-AF.

Back