• Within couple months

Votes: 28 18.1%
  • Very late this year

Votes: 52 33.5%
  • Not until next year

Votes: 69 44.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ok, so how about this. gtx 285's die which is smaller and made on ~1.5 yr old process,is ~50% more expensive than 280's.

I think it is what the board-makers pay, that price is only indirectly connected to the actual manufacturing cost of the chip. They will have to pay more for a faster even if it costs less for AMD or NVIDIA to produce than the slower version.

I'm betting on Eyefinity being true multi-monitor support.

Renders ftl:

full.jpg

atitopicrv870.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pic - it's not a render .... ;)

Too many details for anyone to be bother to put them on render pic for forum.
1x6pin power means TDP under 150W - nice :p
Heat sink looks heavy:!:
I wonder why they feel the need to add that small radiator connected to 2 heat pipes at the bottom of the card? Is there something on PCB generating a lot of heat?

It is a render. Shadowing is too predictable (not even objects in a lightbox cast shadows that that direct in the presence of ambient lighting too)

It is a render. Shadowing is too predictable (not even objects in a lightbox cast shadows that that direct in the presence of ambient lighting too)

It's even a couple of months old already. You have to wonder if they are that slow over at chiphell...

Rumour-ish: AMD DX11 Cypress is Radeon HD 5870 & HD 5850

AMD has informed their partners that their upcoming DX11 Cypress cards will be known as Radeon HD 5800 series. Cypress XT is Radeon HD 5870 while Cypress PRO is Radeon HD 5850. The key features of these DX11 cards are :​

• 1GB GDDR5 memory
ATI Eyefinity technology with support for up to three displays
• ATI Stream technology,
• Designed for DirectCompute 5.0 and OpenCL
• Accelerated Video Transcoding (AVT)
• Compliant with DirectX® 11 and earlier revisions
• Supports OpenGL 3.1
• ATI CrossFireX™ multi-GPU support for highly scalable performance6
• ATI Avivo™ HD video and display technology
• Dynamic power management with ATI PowerPlay™ technology
• DL-DVI, DL-DVI, DisplayPort, HDMI
• PCI Express® 2.0 support​

The launch will take place in September and retail availability in October, same time as Windows 7 launch.
More details later.

Some things VR-Zone didn't mention yet:

- display outputs: DVI/DVI/DP or DVI/HDMI/DP. ATi Eyefinity support as of Cat 9.10 (8.66). Converter is included.
- "Feel the power of more than 2 teraFLOPS plowing through the most demanding games."
- "Get up to 1.8X of a graphics performance boost with ATI CrossFireX™ technology in dual mode."

So basically all the branding info partners need to make their boxes and stuff.

Also have info about first LRB sampledates to partners, but that's for another topic I guess.

So this will be Radeon HD5850 GE (Grey Edition)? :D

well, I was very wrong then :)

Anyway someone had too much free time to build objects or 3D scanner/access to CAD drawings...

@CJ - so can I read 2TFlop+ as for slowest Cypressboard with more ++ for top of the range model?

I can see a nice 5TFlop number for X2 card.

@CJ - so can I read 2TFlop+ as for slowest Cypressboard with more ++ for top of the range model?

I can see a nice 5TFlop number for X2 card.

I thought we were talking about Cypress XT?

shouldn't we be talking about 6TF then for the highest end?

Back