Real or Fake Fotos? You decide.

Didn't anybody else do the second test? (You get it if you answer everything correctly)

Anyway, I'm not impressed by those images...

*** SPOILER ***

The reason I only got 6 out of 10 was because they somehow had managed to make the real pictures look fake, not because the fake pictures were good. Some of them were so obviously fake that it was almost pathetic.

Thowllly said:
The reason I only got 6 out of 10 was because they somehow had managed to make the real pictures look fake, not because the fake pictures were good. Some of them were so obviously fake that it was almost pathetic.
Very true. I had 7/10 on the first and 4/4 on the second test.

6/10 on the first.. 2/4 on the second. They chose some nice pictures for this test.. I felt tricked the entire time..

8/10, but I agree they made the real ones look fake. The only CG one that fooled me was the one with all the nails, I thought it was pretty realistic.

Nagorak said:
8/10, but I agree they made the real ones look fake. The only CG one that fooled me was the one with all the nails, I thought it was pretty realistic.

Me too, although I didn't look closely enough at it.

I got 8/10, then 3/4.

*SPOILERS*

I agree that this was mostly made difficult by making all of the real photos look like CG. If they told you that exactly half of the pictures were in each category, it would considerably easier. I feel particularly annoyed at the picture of all the chairs in the second test, which I quickly decided was CG only because it's a crappy picture and because I figured no one would want to set up all those chairs in real life! :eek: Taking a closer look later I saw some details in the front chairs that made me realize it's real, but the rest of the picture is so washed out you could hardly tell...or care.

*SPOILERS OFF*

But in general a fun exercise!

I got 8/10 on first try. I could've gotten a perfect score but *spoiler* I got the two nail pictures mixed up. Thought the CG was and real vice versa. The DOF effect made it difficult to distinguish between the two nail images.

Somewhat like showing an all-white image and saying "Is this GGI or an overexposed photo of a polar bear in a blizzard?"

I think some landscape renders I've seen have been more convincing fakes.

Back