[PS3] Infamous

I agree Arwin, MS2 actually looked really great overall especially the lighting and the water. Infamous 2 should be quite a looker if they optimized for CELL upon an already impressive engine, the particles and explosions were simply relentless for an open world game.

The biggest issues of Infamous if you ask me were:

-aliasing
-massive pop-in

If they could improve this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone played more than one Sly Cooper game, do they know how those games progressed technically? That might be an indication of what sort of improvement we can expect from Infamous 2.

IMHO and this is serious, the biggest contribution in inFamous is to enrich/fix (boring) travelling in open world games. It is the only open world game where I have gone more than halfway through (still not completed though). Therefore, I hope they continue to spice up open world game mechanics.

RDR seems to have a great ecosystem. inFamous may want to look at its own games and see where it thinks open world games should go. I am all ears (at the moment).

There is something I find very odd about this game. It seems to be all about climbing on things and combat. Yet it makes quite an effort to keep the two separate as much as possible. You can't use most of most of your power unless you aim. And once do aim it replaces the jump button with an attack. You could probably do a lot of crazy stuff if you could seamlessly switch between the two. Now it all just feels clumsy.

And it would be nice if Cole could drain electricity from every available source. And if he wouldn't be such a bitch about not wanting to drain electricity if your already holding down the drain button before you move into range.

Yo, post impressions again when Cole gains melee weapon and capability. It looks like I may not have time to dwell on this one for a few more weeks.

Yo, post impressions again when Cole gains melee weapon and capability. It looks like I may not have time to dwell on this one for a few more weeks.

He melees with his fists Patsu. No weapon weilding in Infamous, but yes if u keep upgrading his melee he gets electric spikes around his fists and then there are the Gigawatt Blades upgrade.

The game betrayed me yesterday ! I was doing the mission "The Price" on the third island, and I had to choose between saving Trish or the 6 doctors. Obviously, I knew to remain good I had to save the docs. The cutscene showed the docs on the right buidling and Trish on the left building. So, I ran to the building on the right to save the docs and guess what, It was bloody Trish on it :mad: ! I gained bad karma for nothing ! Aaaaaaaaaah ! :mad:

Can anyone confirm if the Infamous downloaded from the EU PSN Welcome Back programme recognises the saves from PAL Infamous Disc or not ?

One of my friends has had a problem with the Indian PSN version not recognising the saves from the PAL disc.

Been playing this and its ok but man the DOF is super aggressive I stand in the middle of an intersection and its blurry on all sides. I2 is definitely a huge step up.

Back