Official Sony E3 press conference thread

MAG sounds like it will be a cluster **** 256 people is going to be nuts unless they pull something golden out their back side. That SOE shooter game was crazy when playing , way to much happening at once. Hopefully they come up with good ways around that , like really huge maps

Really nice setup for psp. Seems to be bright future for that handheld. Excellent time also to jump into psp wagon now if one doesn't have one already.

Patapon2, locoroco2, superstardust portable, buzz, video service via ps3, tv-out etc. Seems like a good deal to me. I just wish they would add touch screen for the non gaming applications like gps, skype and browsing. Would make psp so much better without compromising backwards compatibility.

And naturally psp has nice library of older cheaper games.

I'm all hyped now for psp.

And the videostore, anyone know if it is north america only or will the europe people like me be served also? Stream was quite choppy and I didn't get the full story.

Last edited by a moderator:
*post was removed, but a most innocent reply* -AlS

No they have a outstanding 2009 line up (slightly sarcastic)
Home
GT5
KZ II
GOW III (fall 2009 IMHO)

Etc.
No that did show anything, but I'm quiet a bit more od Sony living on promise about what comes next about how great their system is etc. etc, we're in second half of 2008.
Bored of this talf for kids and fans...

ANyway still waiting to see if they announce a "wiimote like" controler at the end of the show (would be a BIG news IMO and a tough one for MS).

EDIT
MAG sounds interesting (reading only for me ;) will watch trailers/demo (RFOm II mostly) later likely on gamerside

Well DC was my big thing . I like the idea of MAG but don't know how it will work , i think it will just be a cluster ..... but i hope i'm wrong.

the psp has a decent line up , better than years past I think .

The ps3 ... well i think killzone 2 wont come out till late next year. God of war apearing was nice but it was just a tease . I was hopping for more game play. it seems like the earliest we will be playing this is 2010 .

other than that I give sony a B for a grade.

Is there $100 difference between the current $500 and $400 SKUs, now that the storage is the same?

It's only the PS2 silicon, right?

Kind of dumb announcing a better product at the same price point for Sept. now.

The MGS4 pack will expire likely roughly around the time this one hits the scene, though maybe not...

I would expect the new 80GB SKU though to come with the DS3 strandard however. AzBat, not sure what other 'goodies' you'd be looking for. :)

Most boring presentation ever, the only bit of worthy news is MAG, but even that was all CGI, making you wonder if they'll cancel it two years from now as well. Sony's only hopes seem to be LBP and Resistance for this fall, against Gears 2, Fable 2, and whatever Nintendo can come up with. This doesn't sound like the year of the PS3 so far.

Wow, that was pretty disappointing as a press conference...

He spent alot of time talking about stuff no one's interested in, and summed up the major thing gamers wanted(games) in a montage footage :???:

I'll save the rest of my comments for the other topic.

The MGS4 pack will expire likely roughly around the time this one hits the scene, though maybe not...

I would expect the new 80GB SKU though to come with the DS3 strandard however. AzBat, not sure what other 'goodies' you'd be looking for. :)

Headset, cables, games etc. It is a games machine, no? BTW, it's Tommy.

Tommy McClain

Back