Official Sony E3 press conference thread

Carl B

Friends call me xbd
Legend
Sony rounded out the manufacturer press conferences at E3 yesterday, surprising the public with a new Playstation 3 SKU and the launch of its video service.

Read the full news item

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping for some game announcements from first party devs that haven't released a PS3 game yet, like Team Ico.

The weeks leading up to E3 have been much quieter this year for Sony. Last year they showed most new games at Playstation day and E3 was basically rehash. They should have some big announcements next to the stuff we have been seeing for year but still hasn't been released.

Time to set my expectations low and be surprised rather then expect something huge and be disappointed.

Home is bound to make an appearance, including word on Home 2D I expect, the 2D simplified interface.

I think it will be a good show if they knew that the FFXIII annoucment was coming. They surely prepared something to counterattack.

But if they didn't know (which i find it imposibble, they have a good relationship with SE they just wouldn't do a thing of this magnitude without telling them) probably it will be a weak show compared to what we expect after yesterdays keynote.

Carl, and a heads up to anyone else, pretty sure it's 7:30 BST.

Check out the countdown on Gamespots E3 page.

For the record Shift wrote that stuff in after I created the thread. BST doesn't mean much to me, but I can say that I know it's in two hours from now. :cool: (2:30pm EST)

Gamespot let me down yesterday as soon as the MS press conference started :devilish:

Thank God ign picked up the slack and we all know what happened there ;)

Less than 2 hours to go. Please dont go down ign :cry:

For the record Shift wrote that stuff in after I created the thread. BST doesn't mean much to me, but I can say that I know it's in two hours from now. :cool: (2:30pm EST)

Unforgiveable! I realise you're where you are but he has no excuse!

Yeah well... then they are already out on XMB. There's no need to show them in E3 ^_^
Perhaps games with trophy integration (and other Home features) will be shown.

They surely prepared something to counterattack.

With or without the Final Fantasy announcement Sony would have done whatever they could to put up the best show.

I just hope they dont promise something (again) that doesnt show up in 2 years (hallo home!) as a "counterattack". Just keep on relying on those exclusive 1st party games, it will pay off in the long run.

I'm pretty sure there will be something about God of War 3. I'd be really surprised if there wasn't. I think that game will make a very big impression. If they can get some nice first party games like that, then maybe the blow of losing Final Fantasy will be softened quite a bit.

I just hope they dont promise something (again) that doesnt show up in 2 years (hallo home!) as a "counterattack". Just keep on relying on those exclusive 1st party games, it will pay off in the long run.

Sony 1st party exclusives do not sell as well as MS 3rd Party titles(exclusive or not). If Sony is focus on 1st Party development then they won't go anywhere. Getting support from 3rd Party is far more important imo this generation. MS drop an atomic bomb on them so I really doubt anything is going to change that fate unless Sony takes away key 360 3rd Parties titles themselves or announce exclusive 3rd Party titles to support their system. GoW3 won't cut it. At least imo.

With or without the Final Fantasy announcement Sony would have done whatever they could to put up the best show.

Even admiting that you are right and every company should show us the best they have, is not the same to prepare and E3 knowing that your rival is going to make such a big announcemt, if they knew this was coming, this is going to be best Sony Keynote in years, no doubt about it.

Well... that might depend on whether you agree with their strategy or not. Too early to tell. Let's take it for what it is.

Best announcements that Sony could hope to make:

- New PS3 slim
- Price reduction
- Final Fantasy VII remake exclusive to PS3
- Some exclusive title from Bungie
- Home is ready...now
- Phil Harrison is back :)

Back