Suggestions for 24" widescreen LCD?

The 23" Apple Cinema Display (1920 x 1200) comes SWOP-certified and with a S-IPS panel.

It works like a charm with the games I have tried. Although it should be updated soonish.

This is a hard decision.

The Dell has great image quality (especially for the price, being at only $670 AUS with a PVA panel), but that input lag has got me concerned.

I'm starting to question if I should even bother shelling out the money for a new monitor. My current 22" isn't the most impressive, but it does get the job done.

As I said before; my budget stretches out to $800 at most. I would love to have the HP IPS based monitor, but with prices starting at $1100...

I've got a Dell 2405 and 2407, and the latter is the better choice. They're both 8-bit IPS panels,
BrynS said:
The 2408WFP has noted input lag issues though, which put me off an otherwise tempting upgrade. Connectivity and styling-wise it's appealing along with all the other benefits of a H/S-IPS panel,
Where'd you guys get the idea the panels are IPS? They're all *VA. (S-PVA, I believe.)

Where'd you guys get the idea the panels are IPS? They're all *VA. (S-PVA, I believe.)
Aah, good catch. :smile:

Dell's early 20" models and their 30" models all use S-IPS panel according to this Panel Database, while all their high-end 24" models have either used (Samsung) PVA or S-PVA. The HP LP2475w is H-IPS though, while the Hazro Z24W/Z24Wi and NEC LCD2490WUXi use S-IPS panels.

No, it really is. Ive got a FP2001, 2407, E248 (low end 24"), 3007, 3007HC. All are fantastic. The E248 is definitely a step down, but its still one of the best TN panels Ive seen. The 2001 and 2407 are fantastic. And the 3007s are just outstanding.

Back